New wheels and tires! - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
New wheels and tires!

So I bought some nismo wheels off craigslist. Had had them mount on 265/75/16 Cooper AT3. I'm very happy with the tires for the most part. At some speeds I get a weird vibration in the steering wheel. I had my tires put on by a local place called Ken Towery. I was there for 3.5 hours they made me buy new tpms sensors saying the old ones where stuck in the 17" LE 4 spoke wheels. So that cost me $260.00 more then I thought it would. I get home and discover they put the wrong size tires on 265/70/16 and I ordered 265/75/16 and my new sensors after driving 20 miles tripped the dash light. So take it back the next day to get correct size tires and the sensors reprogrammed. They had the truck all day Saturday. I go pick it up they tell me you need to bring back the LE 17' wheels with sensors in them so we can copy the id from them to reprogram the new sensors. I cleaned up my truck sunday washed, detailed it and took the pictures attached for before and after shots. Monday I go back in it takes them hour to reprogram the new sensors with the old wheels ids. I get home and go eat with my wife. We come back home and open the garage and that when I notice that they dropped a tool behind the tailgate and opened in on the tool! This caused the tail gate right side corner to be sticking out a half inch!!! i call them and they told me they never got into the bed and they figured out how to reprogram the wheels without needing the old ones. I'm ****ing pissed cost me over thousand dollars for alignment, tires, and sensors. And what do they give me in return body damage thanks ********.

**update** I was able to get the old sensors out of the wheels the tire shop said they would swap them out and refund me my money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side1.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	39723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6108.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	1,014.8 KB
ID:	39724   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6107.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	988.2 KB
ID:	39725   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6102.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	835.1 KB
ID:	39726   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6104.JPG
Views:	2157
Size:	929.6 KB
ID:	39727  

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4x4 Super Black

Last edited by CDs4x4; 11-21-2012 at 10:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CDs4x4 For This Useful Post:
bbklover (12-01-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry to say you got hosed. stop falling and paying for their lies
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Shift_lurker

Wow, sounds like this place didn't really know what they were doing. Think you really got shafted on the TPMS gig and actually the whole thing. But the wheels and tires look nice.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,025 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
next time, try this for your sensors, it worked for me on my winter wheels:

Reset TPMS Warning By Yourself - IT WORKS!!!

I needed to use different pressures, on page 2
#5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Shift_Fanatic

they look nice! sorry to hijack but how did you mount those lights on the airdam? do you have a write up?

2013 Titan Pro 4X with option package
undercover flex
weathertech
3m film protection
lamin x'ed headlights and fogs
#6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Shift_Fanatic

You need to have em' rebalance those...
I've never tolerated any vibration - it can be corrected, if not, then a tire is bad.
Altho - considering the "expertise" at this place I may just pay someone else to do it right.

08', CC, 4X4, SE w/Value Pkg, AT, Long Bed, Tinted Front Windows, BakFlip(POS), AFE CAI, Hilift,
Bug-out-bag, 2" PRG Spacer & Deaver AAL's, 285/75/16 TOYO ATII's, Superchips Cortex,
Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4" Firestik, Relocated Trailer Plug, Thule Track Kit and Yakima Loadwarrior Basket,
Pioneer AVHP3200DVD, Infinity Ref Components on Rockford T400-4 4-Ch. Amp, Pioneer Sub on RF P300-1 Amp, Sirius, FatMat.
White Rhino Fab Light Bar & KC Slimlights (#124)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormFrontier View Post
Let me get this straight: You have a Frontier for a company car and you're on the Frontier forum?
#7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Shift_Hardcore

I had tires with a very similar tread to those (Mickey Thompson Baja STZ) and they were amazingly quiet and smooth on the road. They didn't do too bad off road either for being a street oriented all-terrain tire. If the speed related vibrations started with the tire swap, they must not have properly balanced one or more of them. They should correct that for you (for free) asap.

One thing is for sure, Nismo 6-spoke > LE 4-spoke. Looks great!

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
#8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The hinge on my tailgate worked its way loose or was never really tight enough. After driving on a very bumpy trail, with lots of flex, I noticed the tailgate was now sticking out about a half inch on the bottom. Passenger side. All I had to do was lift-off the tailgate, loosen the hinge on the tailgate side, readjust it, and tighten it back down. You could see the paintline where the hinge had moved. Maybe the shop floor jack lifted your truck, causing similar body flex that I had? Hopefully this makes sense. I'd think a tool would cause a crease in the lower lip of the tailgate? Good luck either way.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Does anyone know what psi I should be running on these tires?

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4x4 Super Black
#10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Shift_Obsessed

32-35

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Wheels, Tires, and Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.