Level 8 ZX with 285/70/16 Trail Grapplers - Page 4 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now that you've had these tires for a few months what's your opinion on them? I like the way they look but don't want anything too noisy for my DD. Killer looking setup by the way.

I'm guessing your dog is a little jealous of the new rims, guessing by the looks of his little shanty on the back porch lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitgasm View Post
Stubby your truck and rims are a perfect candidate for HDR(high dynamic range) shots! FYI

BTW looking awesome!

I am not very camera savy, any websites that would give me an idea on how to take HDR pics.

Silver Dollar- I have put around 4500 miles on them and I still love them. I am in the hunting season and these tires have great grip in the field and transition well on the high way. There is a little road noise, but nothing that will make you have to max your radio out to cover the noise. I have had to rotate them once already because they started to get way to loud. If you rotate every oil change you will be just fine. They are expensive, but I love the look and the offroad capabilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stubby For This Useful Post:
Discount Tire (10-25-2012)
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
jealous

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Completely jealous! Can someone turn the truck into Alert Red????
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
I am not very camera savy, any websites that would give me an idea on how to take HDR pics.
HDR Tutorial | High Dynamic Range Tutorial
Or for automatic results check to see if your camera has an [HDR] Scene mode.

Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFguy05 View Post
If you have a '11 it shouldn't be too hard at all to get off.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Silver Dollar- I have put around 4500 miles on them and I still love them. I am in the hunting season and these tires have great grip in the field and transition well on the high way. There is a little road noise, but nothing that will make you have to max your radio out to cover the noise. I have had to rotate them once already because they started to get way to loud. If you rotate every oil change you will be just fine. They are expensive, but I love the look and the offroad capabilities.
Thanks for the info Stubby
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just thought i would update this thread. I have had these tires for over a year now and they still have over half the tread from the start. I rotate them probably every 6000 miles if not sooner. I have rotated them 3 or 4 times. I will say after a rotation the become quite noisey. I did have to order a new set of Wheels. The clear coat on the wheels was peeling for some reason. Level 8 stuck behind their product and gave me a fresh set. The thing that did tick me off a little was that I still had to pay for a mount and balance from Discount Tire. Was not expecting to have to pay anything. It was around 70 I think to have them remounted and balanced. That put a sour taste in my mouth. Other than that the tires and wheels perform as expected. I will try and update with fresh pics sometime. I got new seat covers from Marathon Seat Covers. I love them.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Supporting Vendor
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Just thought i would update this thread. I have had these tires for over a year now and they still have over half the tread from the start. I rotate them probably every 6000 miles if not sooner. I have rotated them 3 or 4 times. I will say after a rotation the become quite noisey. I did have to order a new set of Wheels. The clear coat on the wheels was peeling for some reason. Level 8 stuck behind their product and gave me a fresh set. The thing that did tick me off a little was that I still had to pay for a mount and balance from Discount Tire. Was not expecting to have to pay anything. It was around 70 I think to have them remounted and balanced. That put a sour taste in my mouth. Other than that the tires and wheels perform as expected. I will try and update with fresh pics sometime. I got new seat covers from Marathon Seat Covers. I love them.
PM coming your way.

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I have the same tires as you and am looking at xd heist wheels. They are 16x8 with a 10mm offset. I have a pro comp 2.5 front and 1.5 rear nitro kit. Do you think these rims will fit without trimming? If not what do you think I'd have to trim? Thanks!
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Supporting Vendor
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinmoobs View Post
I have the same tires as you and am looking at xd heist wheels. They are 16x8 with a 10mm offset. I have a pro comp 2.5 front and 1.5 rear nitro kit. Do you think these rims will fit without trimming? If not what do you think I'd have to trim? Thanks!
The 16x8 ET+10 Heist wheels you are considering will sit about an inch further in when compared to where your current 16x8.5 ET-6 ZX wheels sit now which is good. With 285/60R-18 tires installed, you shouldn't have to make any modifications.

On a side note, we do not carry the XD Heist but we can order a set for you

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:
The Following User Says Thank You to Discount Tire For This Useful Post:
surfinmoobs (02-26-2015)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Wheels, Tires, and Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.