Nissan Frontier Forum banner

BFG T/A KO2 All Terrain

48K views 75 replies 26 participants last post by  epborden 
#1 ·
Last weekend a few of us ran the Deserts of Baja Mexico on the new BFG T/A KO2.

Here's quick photo from out test and a Video BFG posted on their website. Before we share our thoughts, we'd love to hear yours. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTxnRg_BRA

See less See more
#7 ·
i like them, the original KO sidewall looked too squared off where it meets the tread in my opinion. this new version looks to be a bit rounded with a smoother transition. i wouldn't mind a set when i replace my stock sized tires...may even go up a little bit in size to add a little bit of girth. :)

#10 ·
Pending reviews over the next year, that may well replace the BFG Rugged Streets on my wife's Xterra.

#15 ·
Theres a few on this site. I initially saw TruckRaskin with the 295/75R16s in the exact tire, and with my lift (hes in the suspension sticky) and a few others, plus several threads about this size. TruckRaskin claimed this was the largest size of that tire you could put on a 6 inch lift without rubbing (his picture still has pinch weld and all mudflaps intact) so even assuming theres a little rubbing to fix, thats proof enough for me.

Plus I do a lot of on-road driving, so I dont need to lose too many mpg's

#18 ·
These tires are not available yet. We should have our first shipment hit in November 2014.

Here is a link to the specs from the BFG web site:

All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires

From what we have heard here are the sizes to be released in phase one:

The sizes in the phase one release are: LT225/75R16; LT245/75R16; LT315/75T16; LT265/75R16; LT235/85R16; LT275/65R18; LT265/70R18; LT285/75R16; LT285/65R20; LT265/65R18; LT285/65R18; 35x12.50R18LT; LT275/55R20; and LT275/60R20.

All the sizes are Load Range E with raised white lettering.

#20 ·
UPDATE:

BFG will release their new All-Terrain T/A KO2 in two phases. Phase one(1) is scheduled for November 2014 and phase two(2) is scheduled for March and April 2015.

In other news, BFG dropped a new All-Terrain T/A KO2 tire from 10,000 feet and drove away on it. Guess the spot on Playground Earth it hit and you could win a set for yourself.

#21 ·
I run 305 70 16 KM2's and just replaced 3 of the 5. 2 are going on the back when I go to the track in another month or so:)

#24 ·
hey discount tire any retail pricing yet?

#26 ·
TireRack.com has pricing for these up on their website now so I'm sure Discount Tire will post prices real soon now.

#28 ·
I'm going to preorder from tire rack as soon as i have funds, I'm 100% getting these in 285/75/16

#30 ·
pre order options?

#35 ·
Am I the only one that thinks that this tire replacing the original All Terrain T/A is a stupid idea ?

I think it should be an additional tire line long term, not a complete replacement as it is more geared for off road applications, and full size trucks.

I for one am pissed off that they discontinued the BFG All Terrain T/A in load range D in size 285/75-16, and wish I could find a new set to buy !

It was great on and off road.

I drive my truck on road most of the time, so a quiet smooth riding tire that has some decent off road ability is my application. The AT fit that well.

So then the D rating in that size was discontinued, and only E is left.

Now the KO2 is said to have a stiffer and longer lasting compound, 20% Tougher Sidewalls in addition to being available only in an E load rating.

I expect this will bring with it a rougher ride, more road noise, and worse snow and ice performance. I am sure fans will disagree.

More expensive ?
No mileage wear guarantee ?

If I wanted a mud tire I would buy a mud tire.
If I wanted a more serious off road tire, I would buy one.
If I cared about the more aggressive sidewall look, I would buy a more aggressive off road or mud tire.

BTW, I liked the All Terrain TA sidewalls and thought they looked better than the new version.

I have read all about D, E ratings not actually having more ply's than the other one in the AT's.

Now I have to start trying tires all over again to find all terrains that I like. Thanks a lot BFG / Michelin.

There is something to be said for the availability of a reliable and consistent product that you can count on being able to buy through the years.

Guess it's all about the latest thing anymore.

#36 ·
I'm not sure how long the original a/ts haven't been available, but you can still find the KOs on eBay and Amazon with load range D. I was going to go that route, but the KO2 is supposed to be better for snow. Even though I'm in the city, we get bad winters so that is a big factor for me considering the first KOs are known to tap snow and not evacuate, less than desirable.

#38 ·
So they were dropped out of an airplane.

That has nothing to do with on road ride quality such as smoothness or road noise.

Quick go out and buy them though cause they done dropped em out an airoplane, and runned em over different stuffs. Gotsta be the best tire ever !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.