Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Best Tire for Towing

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Blue Devil 
#1 ·
Hello, all.

I am about 28k on my stock BFG's and they are beginning to give up grip during the slightest hint of rain. I have a 2013 SV 4x2 with stock 265/70r16, so I am looking to upsize to the 265/75R16 to correct the speedometer and give me a slight lift.

I do most of my driving in the city, but I do pull a 4500 lb camper twice a month. I am looking for a good tire that would work well towing under load while still maintaining good traction both on and off road.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

#2 ·
You want a knobby tire or more of an H/T style tread? I would think any LT should work, but there are different load classes to consider. I don't tow, so can't speak to the best or worst, but I've owned a lot of tires over the years & I stick with either Yokohama or Cooper whenever possible. Cooper is made in USA if that matters to you. The new BFG KO2 gets good reviews but too rich for my blood. Hopefully some who tow regularly will post up with their favorites.

#4 ·
I really like my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2's, great offroad traction, quite, and wear really well. On my 3rd set and I tow a 4700lb RV also about twice a month from May to Oct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.