Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Pioneer Saloon 5, The Curse of the Ghostburger

6K views 43 replies 8 participants last post by  2013Pro4X 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#6 ·
Oh this video was awesome! Thanks for posting. Finally got to see the concrete barrier climb x3 in action.

Nice production Metal. @8:15 I was wondering why the music started, I didn't recognize the tune at first. I don't even know the inside joke, but by the end of the climb I was lmfao!

#15 ·
Holy Sh!t! So many epic moments! Still laughing my ^ss off to the Rocky theme :laugh:

Erik; "what's he doing?" Me; "He's reaching for the 4x switch" :laugh:

"Frontiers 3... Xterras 0..." :crying:

Gotta say my favorite part was watching myself disappear into the distance in a glorious dust trail >:D

Possibly your best work yet Erik! A+ for an instant classic :thumbup:

#17 ·
Here's my pix. I got a couple of series shots from when you were taking video so it's kinda funny to see it from another perspective.
Sorry Brian, the first couple were before you got there. I'm sure there's a Lelan reference to be found there somewhere :angel:

I have a few more from the hill yet to upload

#21 ·
The red one looks to be a newer pro 4X. It should have been able to make it in just 4 wheel drive, but turning on the rear locker should have made it easier. But if the driver is new to the sport, I will understand and let it slide this time. I do expect him out when I am there to redeem himself. :D

#23 ·
Definitely new to the sport and don't know for sure whether he had it in lo during the first part of the attempt before he got stuck. I did make sure he had it in lo for the recovery. In all fairness, it's super dry and slippery on that outside line so not sure if that's technically the "easy" line at the moment since it requires a turn across hill and back up. Guessing it's kinda sketchy in an X and he certainly didn't have quite enough momentum going. I prefer to go straight up whenever possible personally.

#24 ·
Like I said, he gets some slack, but he WILL do it when we go together, if it takes all day for the 2 of us to get it done! :)

#28 ·
All you gotta do is head south for a few hours and enjoy a nice weekend in Vegas. Of course our idea of a good time in Vegas tends be a bit different than most >:D

#31 ·
Not bad, that road is pretty smooth. Sometimes the faster you go the smoother it feels until you hit a washed out spot or slide around a corner.

#34 ·
thanks for the responses guys, this run sounds like a blast, some high speed, some wheeling, something for everyone.

#35 ·
Unfortunately I don't have Erik's editing software or skills so I have no idea how to include my telemetry in the vid but I hit a max of 72. I'll get that up here as soon as I can get it uploaded to YT.

#36 ·
is that 72 on the scouting run or on the way back?

I have this wierd image in my head of you getting "air" on a wash out and saying "yeah dudes you might want to back it down a bit"... either way, probably safer than my drive to work with the "texting trixies".

#40 ·
#41 ·
#43 ·
That's awesome! Yours is mounted outside so you hear all the wind noise. Mine's mounted on the inside so all you hear is funky clunks that transfer through the glass to the mount. I also have the mic turned way down on mine or the stereo blows out the sound input on the vid.

#44 · (Edited)
thanks for the unedited vids, love to get out there some day.

Metal... you weren't kidding about LOUD, very cool to have a cam outside though. I watched Nomads first (headphones volume up all the way at work) and then yours and forgot to turn down the volume (you did warn).

Nomad.. Very nice "dust free" video, I lol'd at your "apology for the dust" at the beginning.

Like you said, I can hear your engine etc, even more than the road at high speed. Engine/exhaust sounds real nice from in the cab by the way. Vid reminded me a little of a NASCAR in car, "clear, clear all around" (minus the in car tunes of course)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.