Norra

13K views 95 replies 9 participants last post by  whistler 
#1 ·
Buggy is signed up for NORRA.
Expensive! Over 5 grand!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Don't know what you mean.Can't take pics if it hasn't happened yet.It's in April! Do you want last years photos? They completed all the legs last year. You want proof that they entered? Is this good enough?

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Daniel Grooters( Nissan Podcast, owner "Xterra Performance" "Xterra Racing" AKA "Red Dragon" helped my guys testing the 10 car.
He drove my truck also and offered a few suggestions.

Attachments

#7 ·
He host the Nissan Nation Podcast. He last had as a guest Sinister Frontier and discussed the Titan engine swap. He also had Jen as a guest.
He did a live video on Facebook about how to get involved in racing. "Friend" him on Facebook listen to it.

#8 · (Edited)
One week till NORRA. Guys are scrambling to get both buggies ready along with trailers, tow vehicles. JFYI,They use stainless hose clamps rather than galvanized ones. So does anybody that knows anything about marine conditions.

Attachments

#10 ·
It is fun but lots of work and it's expensive! Heck,you are wearing over a grand easy.It takes a lot of people that is needed to do it also. Glad we have a good group of people.
Well worth it.
Wish I could go but my health still won't allow me,
Planning on doing the 1000 this year in my truck. Doubt if I will be able to drive much if at all.

#11 ·
Class 10 logo.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Just entry pretty much. It's expensive because you also need to pay for lodging for drivers and support people.

They left at 5:am this morning.

#14 ·

Attachments

#16 ·
Ensenada, tech.

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
This is the other buggy in our group. George is racing in the unlimited class. "Trick Racing" #81.

Attachments

#20 ·
They are pretty amazing. Both were shock tested at the King test track by their tuners.
Daniel Grooters got to ride in the class 10. Said it was the fastest off road vehicle he has been in.
You can follow some of the race on the NORRA website.

#21 ·
#81, finished the first leg.
#1010 looks like they have a problem.

Attachments

#22 ·
Just got a text from #1010. Tracking must be the problem. #1010 is second or third in class,70th overall out of 270.
#81 is 62 second out of 270.
They are doing good against the high dollar teams!

#23 · (Edited)
#1010 moved up to 56th overall.
#81 lost a few spots,70th overall.
Completed every stage both days.

Attachments

#24 ·
Bahia de Los Angeles to Loreto. 400 miles.
#1010 39th overall after 3 days.
#81 must have had problems.

#25 ·
Just noticed Spencer Low is racing the NORRA in a Nissan truck. Well known back in the days manufacturing First Gen suspension parts.

#26 ·
Rough day for#1010. First the attendant put 25 gals. of gas in the diesel Ford chase truck.
Hit a rock hard and cracked the tranny case.
Patched it with JB Weld and drove 170 miles to finish the stage.
# 81 had clean runs for both stages.

#27 ·
Even after a bad 7 hr stage fixing the cracked case,#1010 is still 59th overall.
#81 is 62nd.
They had to drop the tank on the chase truck.
Had to fix #81 trailer also.
Lucky there are good people who can wrench.

#28 ·
Final day.#81 finished 57 th overall.
Even after the cracked trans casing and a bubble gum repair#1010 managed an 90th overall.
They completed all the stages for the rally,
Next stop, Baja 1000 with my very disadvantaged Frontier.

#29 ·
Correction. #1010 finished 80th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.