LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really want a 2017 Pro 4X

Hi, my name is Aaron. I have a long story, but will keep it short. So I panicked when my 2011 BMW expired and could not afford a Pro 4X at the time, so I settled for a 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. It is not a bad SUV, but I absolutely can not stand it anymore. So I have now driven 4 Pro 4X's, a Desert Runner, and just about every other Frontier. I really want this 2017 Gun Metallic Pro 4X. Does anyone own one yet? This has the leather, moon roof, etc. They are also going to throw in a free bed extender. However, the price is pretty high. I do like the Frontier, but initially wanted a dime a dozen Tacoma - great truck but there are a zillion around and its annoying LOL. But, do any of you think the "outdatedness" that the truck is getting slammed for matters to you? Also, even though I plan on keeping it forever, life changes sometimes and I am really worried about trade in value in the future as well. Any thoughts, opinions, or advice would help.

Last edited by 17Pro4x; 04-11-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
The dated design IS the reason I bought my Frontier...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my truck 1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	241409  

T CRO
2016 SV-VTP CC/LB 4X4 V6/AUTO
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
I like mine, I think it looks great, I know the design hasn't had much of an overhaul in some time, but I like the design too

Magnetic Black 2017 Frontier 4X4 SV CC

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, thanks. I like the look as well. What sucks is I want a black one, and the nearest one is 800 miles away. The gun metallic one is the one I am working the deal on. The good extra about this is that they are throwing in a bed extender for free and 1.5 years of free maintenance. On the flip side, I am getting only 16K on my rogue, which is the same at Car Max. Does anyone have a 2017 Pro 4x yet???
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Pro4x View Post
Yeah, thanks. I like the look as well. What sucks is I want a black one, and the nearest one is 800 miles away. The gun metallic one is the one I am working the deal on. The good extra about this is that they are throwing in a bed extender for free and 1.5 years of free maintenance. On the flip side, I am getting only 16K on my rogue, which is the same at Car Max. Does anyone have a 2017 Pro 4x yet???
Not to pee on your parade but they are not giving you anything, or not much anyway!

The bed extender is mostly plastic and alum tube and is way overpriced, many can be found brand new on Craig's List; they are actually kind of awkwardly built.
And as to 1.5 years free maintenance, that all depends on what you or they call maintenance as most all Nissan dealerships are doing at the least the first couple oil changes for free.

T CRO
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
The dated design IS the reason I bought my Frontier...
This.

Proven design with proven components and proven technology.

Not much that can go wrong aside from the stupid things like axle seals and evap canister vents.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:53 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
How much are they charging you? Have you looked at any used ones? I just got a used 2016 pro 4x with luxury package and it only had 12k miles and I got it for 26k. There's almost no difference between 2014-2017 other than maybe placement of the USB port or a few little details but frankly you can't beat the savings going used. I would have loved a new one but for 7-10k less I'm very happy with what I got. I think the only big difference unnoticed was that 2017 is flex fuel capable but that's not a great option anyway given that the mileage is worse and usually at least around here the cost of e85 vs regular gas is only a few cents difference
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I love my frontier. I am bummed my buddies with full sized trucks get same or better fuel economy and sometimes I wish I had more cab space but I couldn't see myself in any other truck. It suits me well, works for the minimal personal towing I do, and is a blast to wheel in!

I originally looked at a pro4 lux package and wanted heated seats and sun roof but found a great deal on a very lightly used pro4 base and am extremely happy
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbie View Post
I love my frontier. I am bummed my buddies with full sized trucks get same or better fuel economy and sometimes I wish I had more cab space but I couldn't see myself in any other truck. It suits me well, works for the minimal personal towing I do, and is a blast to wheel in!

I originally looked at a pro4 lux package and wanted heated seats and sun roof but found a great deal on a very lightly used pro4 base and am extremely happy
Thought that the base 4X came with heated seats eh?

I internet shopped most all truck models and realized that the budget I set of myself that to get a full size truck it was going to be a base stripper model and they really looked the part of being base models. With the Nissan I was able to get all the bells and whistles that meant something to me except for leather seating, which I added....
greywalker83 likes this.

T CRO

Last edited by teecro; 04-12-2017 at 11:14 PM.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I just recently upgraded from a 2010 SE to a brand new 2016 Pro-4X and I couldn't be happier. The ride is smoother and after getting it lifted a little I love the stance and view point while on the road. Go for the Pro-4X, you won't be disappointed.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.