Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New here with an older desert runner

483 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  nthorn 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been reading round on this forum for a while and now finally joining. Anyway I have a 2002 Desert Runner with around 167k on it and love the truck. Its my first car that I had and have owned it for a bit over a year now but have been driving it for about four and a half years. The funny thing is I did not get it from my parents but was my work truck. I was working warehousing and logistics for a construction company in las vegas driving it every day but about a year and a half ago they closed down the las vegas office and was relocated to Michigan where I now work as a CADD designer for one of General Motors direct contractors. Because the truck was old and not GM work was going to sell the truck for scrap but I couldn’t let them do it so I bought the truck, drove it to Michigan and now it’s my daily driver. I know a couple of people in the office hates it because it “makes the company look bad because it’s not a GM car and we all work for GM” but I still love her and have no plan on getting rid of her anytime soon. That said I do have to park in the back lot and I have noticed that two of the other guys have been parking there Suburbans next to it so that you cannot see my truck from the office…
:serious:

My truck has spent all its life up till last year in Las Vegas and has no body rust but unfortunately I had to move to Michigan for work so I know it won’t stay that way forever. It runs perfect and I have never had any problems but I really need to start going through it and replacing stuff because it is way more factory that what it should be. Today I replaced the distributer cap, rotor and plug wires that were on the truck from when it was new. Next weekend I’m hoping to do the timing belt and water pump, also still original and overdrew by ~67k miles.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.