Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New Here

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  B-Mackin 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I hate to join a forum for a rental car but I'm going to be holding onto it for a while and have an obnoxious issue that a 300 mile car shouldn't have.

I'm pretty involved with other forums (bimmerforums to be specific) and am very knowledgeable with anything that drives down the road.

I've searched far and wide and cannot find a good answer to the issue so I'm here...

I can't post anywhere yet, so I'll just mention my issue and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction:

The truck is a 2016 and only has 300 miles, so I'm assuming this issue was present from the factory. The keyless entry will ONLY work when the key is in the ACC or On position. The dome lights will ONLY work in the same situation. I'm not sure if this is also related, but the hazard lights in the cluster stay illuminated (solid) for 1+ minute after start. From the research that I've done, I'm guessing the issue lies within the BCM, or that there is a fuse or relay that is not giving power to the BCM when the key is OFF.

Now I'm just looking for some guidance on how to resolve the issue. I have seen that unhooking the battery for a while has reset the BCM, or unplugging the 3 plugs on the BCM will also work. As far as the BCM is concerned, I have been told that it is under the drivers foot well towards the center of vehicle. Looking underneath the dash, I think I see it, but am having trouble disconnecting the plugs. Is there any trick or retention method on them?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! I can't provide any insight on your issue, but you might want to create a thread on it in the general discussion if there isn't anything on there already.

Seeing as the Frontier is a rental and your avatar is a BMW ///M, what is your primary car? I just sold my e39 M5 (with a heavy heart) to fund a more practical Frontier.

Cheers!

#4 ·
Thanks, the thread has been started.

I'm sorry you had to get rid of the e39 :( I was between getting one of those and my e90 M3. I went with the e90 4 door since it was very comparable to the e39 m5 in just about every aspect, except the e90 was just more with the times (and the e39s are hard to come by in really good condition).

The e90 is my daily driver (just a few mods, intake, angel eyes, wheel spacers, upgraded woofers).

My turbocharged e36 is my fun car! Just laid down 513whp on the dyno two weeks ago... But jeez is that thing expensive! Even do all the work myself (except tuning of course).

#5 ·
The M5 is staying in the family at least. I also have an e39 540i6 that will get turned into a track car soon :) so at least I'm still part of the bimmer club.

Sweet to hear that you went with a 4 door e90. Those are beautiful machines too. That e36 sounds like a monster!

#6 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Hello, and welcome. I don't have any incite into your problem other then return it for a different rental Frontier.

Nice dyno numbers on the E90 M3. I'm currently doing a full restoration on a friends E30 M3 and I own a E70 X5 xdrive35D (diesel). Its a great SUV with a crap ton of power and I have no doubt it could easily out tow my Frontier. My wife and I have debated on whether or not to switch and use it as the primary tow rig. If we do I'll be selling my 510 track car (#NotAnE30 if you want to look it up) and my frontier and picking up a late E90 M3 sedan 6 Speed. Keep up the good work and good luck with your problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.