Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New Frontier S

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  iclick 
#1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a rather barebones Frontier S (manual tranny with Preferred Package) to add some utility to my life. My other vehicles are a Harley FLHX and a 2015 Corvette, and neither can haul a refrigerator or a 4x8' sheet of plywood, so instead of bothering my neighbors who own trucks I decided to just buy one. So far I like it. Not much power with the 4-banger but I haven't really goosed it yet since I'm still in the break-in period. Mileage seems okay in town (haven't actually checked yet), but not so good on the highway at interstate speeds. I will be a town hauler, though, so all is well.

#3 ·
Thanks. I already have a question or two that I'll post once the forum allows me permission to do so in the General Discussion section. So far it won't.

Mine is already a modified Frontier. I added some window deflectors and Lloyd's Rubbertite floor mats this week.

#8 · (Edited)
Frankly, I don't need a lot of power in this truck and wouldn't want to do anything to decrease gas mileage. However, I'm going to look around for ideas, as I'm sure there are plenty of good ones here to be learned.

Welcome, its nice to see another 2nd gen 4 cylinder owner on this forum. keep us posted as to how it holds up as you put on the miles. You can list any issues under the 4 banger forum where i have a thread for our 4cylinder 2nd gen trucks. have a good day!
Well, I'm afraid I won't be compiling a bunch of miles, as I'm retired and most of my driving is local. If I take a trip it will be in the car or on the Harley, and expect to put only about 3K on it per year. Most of the used trucks I looked at before buying this new one were USED (caps intended) in terms of mileage. The pickup owners in this area really use their trucks, and I'm sure that isn't an exception.

I will definitely check out your thread! BTW, what was the first year for the 1st and 2nd Gen?

#12 ·
Enjoy your new truck!
Realizing that not everyone puts their truck's vital info in their sig line...though it is very helpful to read when giving/receiving advice. So, to be more accurate you might want to at least specify that your 'S' as a KC as opposed to a CC. Those in the know will realize your engine configuration. Tranny info (auto vs manual) is useful as well in some instances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.