Nissan Frontier Forum banner

New Frontier Owner Ready to Wheel

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  mhughey91 
#1 ·
Hey all,

My name is Mark and I'm from AR, currently stationed at Ft Campbell KY. Just got a 2011 SV king cab 4x4 about a month ago and already did some trail riding in OK this last weekend. I've been lurking here without an account before I actually bought the truck and now that I have it I can't wait to start posting, networking and getting to know you guys better!

Right now on the truck there is a 2" lift level kit from an unknown manufacturer that was installed from the previous owner and the dealer replaced the worn out road tires with some gnarly mud claw tires. Bought weather techs about 2 weeks ago along with some trail gear sliders that are sitting in my apartment right now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to run by Torx Custom Auto and get those suckers welded up and ready to get powder coated. Next on the to do list is get some skids. Looking at Hefty Fabworks.

If any of you guys on here live in the Clarksville/Oakgrove area and do any wheeling and know of any good shops let me know!

Thanks guys,

Mark

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! I don't know what shops are in Clarksville, but I'm down in Nashville and find myself in Clarksville from time to time. There is a decent spot to wheel just up I-24 @ LBL called Turkey Bay. There's also a pretty awesome Nissan wheeling event in September in East TN called WentWindrock (www.wentwindrock.com), and that place is incredible to wheel at. You need to try and make it out to that if you can.

#4 ·
Thanks guys! @JayAre, I'll definitely check out Turkey Bay sometime. I may be out of TN by September but I may still try to make it. My home station is in AR so I won't be far away!

Tomorrow I'm going to start a build thread to keep me motivated to build on to the truck starting with sliders that are getting welded up tomorrow. Hope you guys check it out!

#7 ·
A) Thank you for your service.

B) He's right...Turkey Bay is an awesome place to spend time. About 10-15 years ago, the guys from Fort Campbell would pack the place on Saturday's and it was just an absolute blast. This was before the US Forest Service started baby sitting people there. But...it's still a really good trail system.

#8 ·
@ToddG Thanks!@tekno000, I'm from Conway. I'll be back in AR sometime in August most likely. @Squall_Line, Nice name! Thank you and also I can't wait to try out Turkey Bay. In AR down the road from where I lived there's some good trails in state park but I got a ticket so I don't go anymore :(

#11 ·
Welcome to the Club Mark!

#12 ·
Thanks guys! I started up a build thread yesterday. Currently I'm on shift but tomorrow I'll be getting some more pics up of some work I had done the past couple days. You veteran 2nd Frontier guys should swing by the thread every so often and help a new guy out ;)

#15 ·
Thanks guys! Just got my sliders welded up and taking them to get powder coated next week, hopefully tomorrow. Swing by my new build thread http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f103/hughey-s-build-196529/ to check out the progress on my truck! Next up is going to be full skids from either Hefty or Shrock. Hoping after that to upgrade my suspension with an advanced coil over package from PRG or NissTec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.