Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Longtime Frontier Owner!

852 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 ·
Hello ClubFroniter!

My name is Aaron, and I have joined your forums after finding some useful information on the 1st generation Frontiers. I own a 2000 Nissan Frontier in Maroon Red, with the 5-Speed Manual gearbox. I bought a Frontier in 2006 because I wanted a fuel-efficient, 4-cylinder, manual gearbox truck, and was sick of getting the horrible fuel mileage with my 1982 Ford F-150 with the 302 V8.

You can check out my truck at the ClubFrontier garage section: http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=12458

Thank you for reading my first forum post and hope to meet everyone in love with their Frontiers! ::wink::

#3 ·
Might want to research aftermarket radios. I have a kenwood 258u in mine. It plays good and was not hard to put in except for the wiring, But the Display in the radio is rather dim. cannot see anything much in the daylight. Best Buy installer said most all of the aftermarket radios are like that

#4 ·
Aftermarket Radio.

I have already bought mine, and actually in my house working off of a spare car battery to my A/V receiver. It's a very bright unit. I will install the radio myself as soon as I get the harness off of eBay. USPS seems to be pretty stupid on where my address is, because it was supposed be shipped here Tuesday, April 14th, and I still have not received it. The seller said that my package got mis-sorted on a flight from L.A. (seller's location) to Florida.

That aside, the radio I have is a Kenwood KDC-BT710HD. It's a really cool radio with Bluetooth & HD Radio. I had a hard time finding something like this, because most radios have either Bluetooth or HD Radio, not both, and I stictly wanted something that had both. It picks up HD signals really well, and Bluetooth works really well too.

#5 ·
Good. you can look up the nissan wiring diagram on the internet but be warned it is somewhat vauge about which wires go where. I am going through some dificulty finding carpet for my 2000 XE.
It is a regular cab which is somewhat rare.
The OEM carpet is $300 dollars plus with tax and shipping and that is only the front part. I am pretty sure I can make an aftermarket crew cab carpet work which can be had. The front and back parts togeather are less money than the OEM front part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.