Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Just thought I would say Hi and ask for a hand.

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  AZ Sun Lover 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all sorry for the long story for my 1st post!
I'm from the Valley of the Sun (Mesa) AZ and over the hill and on my way down. I owned a few Frontiers & Hard Bodies in my days. The last one was a 2002 Crew Cab with a manual. A little over two years ago we sold it (don't ask me why) and 2 days after selling it I called the new owner to see if I could buy it back. Was told sorry. It only had a little over 50k on the clock and I just had the 100K service done. Went completely thru the truck changed ALL belts, hoses, fluids, and while the cam belt was being changed we changed the water pump was too. The truck only had just over 50k but it was 10 years old. The truck was in Mint cond. and it sold in less then 48 hours from a post on Craigslist to the 1st person who looked at it. I had upgraded the suspension and powder coated a LOT of parts from the undercarriage & suspension, custom ceramic coated flowmaster exhaust system, custom CNC billet 20" alloy wheels, one sweet sound system, a manual trans. Sorry guys & gals I have to have a stick. Anyway after selling the Frontier we bought something I didn't care for and after dropping a boat load of cash into the next auto, a new 2012Scion xB, it then up for sale within 3 mos. The Scion sold in less the 24 hours. Now I started looking for another Crew Cab SV V6 with a sweet 6 speed manual in white. I tried for mos. to have local dealers order me one but I couldn't get them to order a truck with a manual transmission. I would rather ride my bicycle then drive an automatic. After mos. of emails & calls to 1-800-Nissan-1 I gave up and got a flight to Portland OR to buy a gutless Tacoma Access cab with a stick. I have installed 2 ring & pinions into the Tacoma to try to get it to run better. Also had a full SS custom Magnaflow exhaust system installed on this truck w/ LCE header, upgraded the suspension with polly bushings, lowering kit, new springs, bigger front sway-bar & added an X-runner rear sway-bar, 18x8 X-runner alloy wheels, Bilsteins, Toyota alarm system, not some POS that goes off because a cat jumps on the hood, etc... Now why I'm here. I want to buy a 2015 Frontier Crew Cab SV V6 SWB / Short bed w/ a 6 speed manual want it in white again with Steel interior. If anyone spots this truck I'm offering a REWARD to let me know where it's at. As I want to buy it! As I'm getting a hard time again trying to order a manual transmission! Below is a bad photo of my last, I can't get better photo to load.

Thanks for your time!
Randy & Meg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the Club! They made a few 6MTs for the '15 model year but not many dealers ordered them. The ones that did may well still have them on the lot so do some searching and you may just find your next one.

#4 · (Edited)
Hey thanks, there is one in the whole USofA and it's in North Cali. The issue with buying from Cali. is they make you pay Cali sales tax and Cali license plates. I work for a municipality so I have to have an AZ registered car or truck. That makes me pay for sales tax in CA & AZ plus I have to pay for license plates in CA trash them because I have to have AZ license plates / register the truck in AZ. Have to pay twice for tax & plates. My employer is serious about registered AZ autos too. They fired a guy after a few mos. because the new employee didn't register his new 4x4 diesel truck with AZ plates. I understand he told a co-worker plates for his truck were over $500 in AZ and his wife still lived in the state he was from. We have to sign an oath to work.

You live just about 5 hours away and there are 4 Nissan dealers in your city. Can you please recommend one? Henderson, Auto Nation, United and one other if I remember right? I can call and ask if they would order a manual. At 55 you think I would like an automatic by now.

Are the silver ones manual Crew Cab SV V6 short beds? I really want white but.

Thanks for any help,
Randy

#3 ·
Did a search at nisanusa.com. No white ones right now anywhere...but there are 3 silver ones in Colorado and 1 in Utah.

#5 · (Edited)
You did not state that you wanted 4WD. If not I found an exact match. It was within 50 miles of my house as that is the default distance the the nissanusa site looks. Sounds like you are ok traveling to get one, so give them a call.

VIN 1N6AD0ER7FN734353
Total MSRP * $25,860
VALLEJO NISSAN
3287 SONOMA BLVD
VALLEJO CA 94590
707-643-8291

Appears you found the same one I did.

#6 ·
You did not state that you wanted 4WD. If not I found an exact match. It was within 50 miles of my house as that is the default distance the the nissanusa site looks. Sounds like you are ok traveling to get one, so give them a call.

VIN 1N6AD0ER7FN734353
Total MSRP * $25,860
VALLEJO NISSAN
3287 SONOMA BLVD
VALLEJO CA 94590
707-643-8291
Thanks, looking for a 4x2 street truck and that's the only one in the USA. I need to see what it would cost to truck the truck out of state so I don't have to pay tax & plates twice. Know a trucking service and what it might cost to move it to the state line? The dealer was going to call me back but didn't.

Randy

#9 ·
No leaks and no complaints with the JBA SS headers. Great fit and great performance. I used some high dollar gaskets (listed in my build) and it was torque and go. No coating, just stainless. Love the sound of the Magnaflow, especially with the headers but it does drone a bit at lower rpms. Doesn't bother me but YMMV. Have also noticed cracks around the bottom of the tip on both of the same systems I've had now. No biggie, just something to note. It also tends to develop a rattle if you happen to cave the muffler case in on a giant rock. Ask me how I know :angel:

#10 ·
Not into any drone! Flowmasters sound really good on V6's. I was looking for a dual in single out muffler. Maybe if one used a Magnaflow with a dual in and a 2.5" single out might be a little less drone then the 3" single out tail pipe. Plus I like the tip out of sight if possible but not a turn down as they reverb back into the cab.

I like the Crew Cab 4x2 because I just use it for trips to CostCo, HD, carry the dogs and my mountain bikes to the trail. I don't tow anything and the manual comes with a tow hitch and the bed extender they will both be on Craigslist. I can also get the SV with a Moonroof but I have heard about issues with it making a noise as in wind noise. Anyone have feedback on a moonroof?

My wife's babies below! Trust me spoiled rotten babies!

Thanks

Attachments

#11 ·
Randy - look for a pristine pre-2005 Frontier, be patient; you know the trucks here are rust free, you'll find a garaged one if you're patient. More 5-speeds with the 1st generations.

My pristine 2004 Frontier was purchased by me 3 years ago "to be my future truck", 5-speed 4-cylinder like my '98 (and my Mazda B2200). Even my 1971 VW Convertible is manual transmission, and I'm older than you are !!!

#12 ·
It's just really sad on Nissan's part but I have talked to many owners who would prefer a manual in their car and the car makes just don't build them. We are just getting to lazy as a society.
My wife's a high school teacher and was asked by the schools office to move her car for some reason. She had a class with 31 seniors and asked the class who would like to move her car. She drives a 2008 Mazda MX-5 / Miata with a stick so the hole class raised their hands as it's a really sweet little sports car. She thought and asked who can drive a stick? Out of 31 seniors only ONE could drive a stick, now that's really SAD!
Truthfully I think I'm just going to give up on the Frontier and keep the gutless free & clear 2013 Tacoma. Maybe get some help and install an GM LS1 motor in the Tacoma. In high school I had a Pinto with a little 289 in it, robbed the drive train from a Mustang II. I had plus size 14" Ford Maverick mag wheels on it. LOL Anyone here know about these models? I just need a :chillpill:

Thanks for the replies though.

#15 ·
Any chance your local dealer can get the one from CA? I know the ford dealer here in town has a deal with a place up on the Canadian boarder that if you buy one of their cars they ship it up there and that dealer can get it over the border and then you pay taxes on the Canadian side. Maybe for a bit to the dealer that sells it, they can transfer the paperwork to your dealer and you just have to arrange to get the truck picked up. It would have been sold in your state so you could likely have temp plates from your dealer to get it out of CA. I have no idea if that is possible, but it is a thought. You will not likely get much of a deal though as everyone will want their piece of the transaction.

#16 ·
I email the dealer in CA. twice and called once to ask them if they could make arrangements for a shipper to meet at the Nevada state line as it's the closest. I could bring a cashiers check from my CU. My CU said they wouldn't pay for the truck in advance incase the truck had damage or an issue. My CU wants to protect me.
A local dealer said they could dealer trade but I would have to pay for shipment for both trucks. I have to work for a living and I'm not rich by any means and I make less then I did 20 years ago.

But Thanks for the thoughts.

#17 ·
That white Frontier you had is a good looking truck.

I'm kinda looking for a 2004 or earlier CC SWB 4x4 with a stick.

#18 ·
Thanks, the better photo will not load, maybe to large? The truck came with black bumpers & plastic. I add every thing I could to the truck to upgrade it. When I ordered a leather wrapped OEM steering wheel. The parts manger from the dealership gave me an OEM leather wheel that they had ordered for warranty replacement. The customer never came back for the wheel.
The hard part was ordering the Raceline CNC Billet wheels in a 20x8.5 with a 6.5" back space. This is the offset the truck needed for no rubbing issues with 265/50-20 rubber. Plus CNC billet wheels were pricy back in 2002. One can see the truck had a hard life because this was a photo taken a few days before the truck was sold. And that's a factory Nissan tool box you see in the bed. That POS cost me $600. I only used it to chuck dirty wet cycling clothes after riding or racing my mountain bikes, plus it would hold the bikes in place.

Thanks.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.