Hi Wy. - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi Wy.

Joined to figure out mpg after dealer change the fuel sender assenbly on my 2008. I dropped 5 plus mpg. I tried to post on discussions but can't . Why

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Garage
Hi Ray, glad you are joining our discussion group here on this forum. Can you give us some more details about your truck? 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, automatic, manual tranny, odometer mileages, etc. You can even add those in your signature line so they will print with each posting you do here (it saves a lot of questions having to be asked each time you post). I don't know the reason for why the forum system would not let you post under General Discussions....maybe one of the Administrators can answer that. Welcome, and we hope to hear more from you.

chris

'08 Frontier, 4 cylinder, A/C, cruise control, manual 5 spd, radio/cd, with CREE LED back up lights from JLC
Removed back jump seats, seat covers installed on front seats, front bug shield installed on hood, mudflaps all around

#3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Shift_lurker

It's a 2008 with a v6 4.0 4x4 nismo. I was getting 18 to 22 on the highway and 14 to 16 in town. I live in casper Wy. at 5280'. We have a winter blend fuel here. I work at refinery and know we ollse a little bit of mpg in the winter but not 5 all around. I took the truck in for a test on the radiator and tranny leak ck. They put the new fuel sending unit in it on a recall issue. Since then my mileage has dropped 5 + mpg. This is 5 tank fuel ups. The dealer said we was not the only one's to complain about this but blamed the fuel.

Is there a chance the fuel return line got pinched or the fuel pressure reg is in the tank like a gm product and it's wrong.

Ray
#4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to invasion08
I am blaming the fuel too. My mileage this winter is worse than last year.

PRG Basic Suspension Package
XTP IMS, Gibson Exhaust, Airaid Intake, UpRev Tuned
N-Fab Nerf Bars, Bakflip G2, Line X Bed Liner
#5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Shift_lurker

I have a 2001 mustang and a 1990 mustang. They dropped 1 to 2 mpg with normal warm ups so fuel it is not. I have never had this king of mpg decrease in the nissan. I work at the locasl refinery that supplies gas to the area. I have ck with the lab and we have a spec to meet. The spec has not changed.

I'm getting 13.5 on the last fill up. This was 240 miles at 75mph. I got 10 mpg the last in town fill up.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Garage
I know that on my 4cylinder here in Iowa (a cold winter state) my idle rpms go up during colder weather and the longer the weather stays cold I will keep getting reduced mpg's at fuel up time. My in town mileages drop from about 22 summertime to nearer 20 winter. My hwy mileages can drop from 25 summer to 23 winter. Some say its the winter blend gas but I think it has more to do with longer high idle times due to colder air temps. I had one two week period a couple of years ago when I had one intown tankful go to 17mpg....but that two weeks stayed below zero F almost the entire time. At 5,000 feet elevation I am not sure how that plays with your tuning of air and gas mixture. Those settings I think are done at the factory, did the dealership or anyone try to adjust the timing of the engine? Did anyone check the oxygen sensor? I would assume the check engine light would come on if the oxygen sensor had failed.

'08 Frontier, 4 cylinder, A/C, cruise control, manual 5 spd, radio/cd, with CREE LED back up lights from JLC
Removed back jump seats, seat covers installed on front seats, front bug shield installed on hood, mudflaps all around

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.