Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Hello from Harrisburg PA

701 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone!

Long story short, I joined the truck word because I was tired of bumming rides to camp/skiing/hunting/whatever around central PA. My family loves all their Nissans so this just makes sense. After owning and wrenching on all varieties of cars...WRX, Saturn, Acura, DSM, Cayman S, motorcycles...I'm joining to the forum with some knowledge, but mostly for going lower/faster/louder. Time to get schooled and have some real fun.

I found a black 2005 NISMO CC 4x4 for my daily. So far I installed projectors/HIDs/light bar, and a Rough Country 2.5" kit because it was "easy" and "because truck". The awful 265/70/16 Hemisphere tires are getting replaced tomorrow with some more appropriate 285/75/16 Grabber AT2s. I plastic-dipped the stock wheels gray this weekend, we shall see how it holds up. The front bumper also needs replaced, so there's an ARB in my garage waiting for me. I've been eyeing up the Nisstec MK84 extended travels to replace the factory setup, but I'll continue to read through these forums first before deciding. There's a ton of great products out there, I'm realizing.

I've browsed a lot on here already, so thanks for all the information so far! I'm looking forward to building this up a little...or a lot. I know there will be opinions on my set up, and I welcome them all except for the tires...they're already ordered:serious:, but I promise I did my research::grin::

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the site! You've came to the right place - forum like this is the best way to make new friends and learn something new about a passion that runs deep. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

#4 ·
Pics

Well, the Grabbers went on today in 285/75r16. Despite the Rough Country spacers we still needed to remove the mud flaps and roll the fenders. Still rubbing though. Not surprisingly, the PlastiDip is marred. But it looks better and ought to handle a lot more. May need to do a new suspension sooner than later though, as the original suspension is pretty old and boggy. (Front bumper covers and grill are removed for the ARB install...always a work in progress)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.