Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Hello from a female Moab off-roader! :)

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so I use to be in love with Toyota Tacomas, but the price point got way to crazy for the same spacious truck with way lower miles that I could get in a Nissan Frontier, so here I am. Apparently they don't make large lifts for the 2000 Frontier though so it looks like me and the crew will have to build/modify a lift. For the time being, running it stock. Have added off road lights on the front and bike, tow hitch, and black painted under carriage. Interested to see what others have done to make the Frontier awesome and capable of speeds at 30mph on an easy/intermediate dirt road. Rock crawling is cool, and... so is going faster! Looking forward to the day I get the lift. Until then it's dirt roads in the truck, and aggressive roads on the dirt bike. If anyone needs a co-driver, give me a shout! Always up for some group wheeling and camping!

#2 ·
#4 ·
Several folks on these forums make the annual pilgrimage to Moab for the west coast National Nissan event "Gone Moab"
JeniorNV (author of the lift thread) ... also female and well respected around these parts

GONEMOAB ? Gathering of Nissan Enthusiasts, Moab UT

#11 ·
Another welcome from Colorado. I wheeled in Moab a few years ago when I still had my TJ (2001 Jeep Wrangler). Hit Cliffhanger, Steel Bender, Hell's, the Trifecta, etc. Even did Hell's Gate, though I skipped out on Escalator. Can't imagine doing any of those in my Frontier, even if I was rocking a 6" lift, so more power to you! Look forward to seeing your build.

I've been dying to go back and plan to bring my mountain bike next time. Let me know if you set up a wheeling/camping trip; Moab is just 6 hours away for me.

#12 · (Edited)
thank you! :)

To: JFfield
Ha! I'm not that crazy! :p Even with modifications to my Frontier, I wouldn't try Hell's Gate or The Escaltor lol! I like to keep my vehicle in tact. I'm always up for camping! I don't have to set up a group camp to want to throw my sleeping bag in the back of my truck and head out! I have a mountain bike too. Very beginner on it but love to get outdoors! Let me know if you're ever out this way! Always up for meeting new people.

#13 ·
To anyone that wants to wheel or camp in Moab, just give me a shout whatever week you want to head this way. I'm always up for throwing my sleeping bag in the back of my truck and heading out. Even if my stock Frontier can't do the trails we want to do, I'm always up for riding co-driver until my truck is modified.

Attachments

#20 ·
Not wanting the 6" lift because I NEED it for 32" tires. I had 33" tires, 6" lift, and wheel adaptors on my old Tacoma, and it was heaven! it was so good on the moab trails! The stock Nissan has fenders that only allow for 32" tires unless you want to cut the fenders and front bumper. Can't even put the wheel adaptors on unless I want to cut the bumpers and fenders. Who knows... maybe I will decide to cut, and do what I want. I just want a fun toy that I don't have to worry about when I drive the intermediate moab trails. The lift that we've come up with will actually be 5.5" and yes it'll have some nice new suspension. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.