Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Brand new 2014 pro4x - btw new here

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Wesbowhunts 
#1 ·
Loved the truck the last 2 days... Day 3 and 247 total miles on truck and I'm now sitting on the side of the hwy with a blown transmission!!!

Hope this is just a fluke and not a start to many many more problems.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. Very rare case I would think. Any warning signs before failure?

#6 · (Edited)
Garbage truck

My brand new 2014 Frontier Pro 4X has less than 8000km on it and I have been in the service department 10 times now. Defective leaking bilstein shock, defective tire and defective transfer case. Not surprised about the transmission failure! What a piece of garbage truck good thing i'm leasing I will never get another Nissan again.

Also the gas milage is brutal not even close to what they advertise. I'm averaging 18-19L/100km and I do a mix of city and hwy driving. 9.5 to 14.1 L/100km…what a joke!

#8 ·
Welcome to the Club. ::smile::

That sucks about the truck. I think you just happened to get one that was assembled on a Friday afternoon.

See if the dealer will just swap yours for a different new truck. With only 247 miles, your truck isn't really to "used".

#12 ·
2013 CC Pro-4X 13,000 miles I've had one problem in one year of ownership. When the truck was assembled there was a problem with the fuel rail. It was replaced under warranty at, or around 1000 miles. Trouble free since then. My fuel mileage in suburb to city traffic averages 16.6-17. Very sorry to hear about your troubles, but from my many experiences with Nissan I wouldn't read more into it than it is. Transmissions have over 1000 moving pieces. Sometimes things just happen.

#13 ·
Same truck, same miles as lngrn36 here. Other than a wacky instrument cluster for 30 seconds, zero issues, not even a single rattle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.