Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2015 Frontier

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Suzokie 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new to the forums but I just bought my second Frontier and hopefully will be doing a lot of work to it.

I already have one dumb question.
Does anyone know the part number for the "rock catcher" "wheel well liner" for the front of the rear wheel wells? I called Nissan and they don't know. It's pictured on the website and my understanding was the new 4x's came with them.
Can someone please shed some light on this for me.

Thank you,
Chris

#2 ·
What I think you're referring to is a small air deflector. These along with three strips that are added to the bed to improve air flow have been added to the Frontier since the 2013 model. Apparently they aren't added to all trim lines.

Welcome to the forum!

#3 ·
Would that be something included on the Pro-4x? I have the weird spoiler thing on the tailgate. The dealership has no idea what I'm talking about. I had the same problem with my 2011 frontier of rocks dinging the paint on the front of the wheel well. I drive on a lot of dirt roads.
Thank you for getting back to me

#4 · (Edited)
I have a '14 Pro-4 and they are NOT incl on that trim level. I only ever saw them on a pre-release euro spec (actually don't remember if it was Euro spec or US spec now that I think about it) '13 in an ad or teaser that was posted here some time ago. They do not however do much in the way of rock protection and the rear wheels throw rocks in the other direction unless you drive around at high speeds in reverse a lot. The front wheels will catch the sides of the truck and occasionally the front edge of the rear fenders at the 3M clear shield protected area. The mini air dam will have little to no effect on this. Your best protection from rocks are either the factory mud flaps or larger aftermarket replacement flaps. Nothing mounted in front of the wheels is going to be of much help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.