1st and last Nissan - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. If it only happens wet, you should go through the carwash and video it on your cellphone for the dealer. In that way they'll know what they're working with. Part of the issue is that these forums are full of enthusiasts and people looking to answer questions they have. The Frontier is a dated truck, but a winning formula. It's why Nissan has dragged their butts on updating it. People here are generally happy. Bang for the buck, it's hard to beat. Handling and ride comfort are considered high for this class of vehicle when you balance out on and off road comfort. Though the Bilstein shocks will improve handling, they will stiffen out your ride. As others have said, the stock tires were all about mileage. Horrible. Sold them on Craigslist and upgraded. Overall, I hope you get your issues resolved.

- Happy 2012 CC owner

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
To the OP...It does sound like an alternator or ground problem. I'd contact a couple of heavy duty truck repair facilities and ask them who they farm-out their alternator/starter rebuilds to. The reason I suggest HD truck repair facilities is that the alternators/starters are serious money on HD trucks and the labor rate is brutal. Once a repair facility finds a rebuilder that does premium quality work, they never leave them. Drive your truck over to the auto/truck electric shop that you hear the most recommendations for and get their diagnosis and repair. Hope this helps in some small way.

- Neal

2013 Frontier, CCSB, 4x4, VQ40DE, 6-speed

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

My theme song...
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
For anyone that cares, I finally got a dealership to look at my truck seriously after it had left me stranded because it wasn't charging and the battery died. Somehow, even though the alternator was spinning it was spinning fast enough to make power. Reason being the tensioner was weak causing the belt to slip. They replaced the tensioner and belt under warranty. A week later my check engine light came on but that was unrelated, an oil temperature sensor failed, also covered under warranty, barely...204 miles left in warranty, that is gone now. I replaced the tires with Duck Commander AT tires, handles better and way more capable now. However, unless this truck gives me some good trouble free miles, I stick by my statement and this will be my last Nissan. Which is a shame cause when I was at the dealership on Monday for the CEL, I sat in a Rogue. Nissan can make comfortable seats, they just chose not to put them in the Frontier, also the fit, finish, and fell of the Rogue is 10x better than the Frontier and the price is very reasonable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trouper For This Useful Post:
Zedbra (01-08-2017)

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to invasion08
I find the seats in my Frontier very comfortable.

PRG Basic Suspension Package
XTP IMS, Gibson Exhaust, Airaid Intake, UpRev Tuned, Bakflip F1 , Line X Bed Liner
The Following User Says Thank You to invasion08 For This Useful Post:
ahinalu (01-11-2017)
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouper View Post
For anyone that cares, I finally got a dealership to look at my truck seriously after it had left me stranded because it wasn't charging and the battery died. Somehow, even though the alternator was spinning it was spinning fast enough to make power. Reason being the tensioner was weak causing the belt to slip. They replaced the tensioner and belt under warranty. A week later my check engine light came on but that was unrelated, an oil temperature sensor failed, also covered under warranty, barely...204 miles left in warranty, that is gone now. I replaced the tires with Duck Commander AT tires, handles better and way more capable now. However, unless this truck gives me some good trouble free miles, I stick by my statement and this will be my last Nissan. Which is a shame cause when I was at the dealership on Monday for the CEL, I sat in a Rogue. Nissan can make comfortable seats, they just chose not to put them in the Frontier, also the fit, finish, and fell of the Rogue is 10x better than the Frontier and the price is very reasonable.
Glad to hear your problems have been addressed. I have gone through a range of feelings about my truck, a lot of minor issues, but it has been the dealership that's caused most of my frustration.

The main reason I chose to spend a few extra bucks on the Pro 4x was the comfort and quality upgrade from the base model seats. You should consider the wet okole seat covers, I think you'll find they increase seat comfort

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
I have to disagree about the seats. I have a bad back and will be literally crooked if I drive longer than an hour in bad seats or small seats. With over 200k in a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe, 120k in a 2005 Dodge 3500, and 100k in a 2014 Jeep Cherokee with no issues I have to say my DR Frontier seats are just fine. I've been in plenty of several hour trips and will be taking a 6 hour drive tomorrow and I know my back will feel OK. I purposely bought the DR partly because of its seats, though.

Sorry to hear the seats aren't comfortable. I would suggest you spend a lot of time sitting and driving a lot of different vehicles next time you buy something. Carmax is great for this. They'll let you walk around and sit in anything without them bothering you until you want drive. Worked great for me.

2016 Frontier - Desert (Highway) Runner - CC - 6cyl - 15000 miles - bought 11/8/16
2011 Nissan Juke - 6spd (love to peg the G-Force meter)
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe - 220k miles and still great
2005 Dodge 3500 dually - 5.9L Cummins
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Location: From one cold place at the TOW to another lower cold place...
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouper View Post
...Which is a shame cause when I was at the dealership on Monday for the CEL, I sat in a Rogue. Nissan can make comfortable seats, they just chose not to put them in the Frontier, also the fit, finish, and fell of the Rogue is 10x better than the Frontier and the price is very reasonable.
Glad to hear they are working a fix for your issues!

I had a Rogue for 3 days as a loaner when I bought my Frontier because they still had to finish PDI'ing the vehicle and installing a couple items that were contingent on the sale and I thought the Rogue was the most boring vehicle I've ever driven (for the ~390 miles I put on it; much rather have the Frontier over the Rogue and I find the Frontier seats very supportive with a good curve for my back even though my SV doesn't have any lumbar adjustment!

I'm getting ready to take it on an 1,800 mile road trip and I was considering Wet Okole seat covers with the adjustable lumbar option but if the road trip feels good I'll skip that expense and put it towards my "armor set" for the Frontier.

Again, good luck with getting your issues totally fixed in the new year and I hope your truck starts providing you with those trouble free miles you want!

'17 Frontier CC SV v6/6M 4x4 SB to compliment my TL1Ks and other stuff

...what to spend on first; suspension, armor, lighting?...the mod bug bites hard
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:41 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Thanked 1,520 Times in 1,048 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i love my trucks lol. sucks you hate yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndysLog For This Useful Post:
ahinalu (01-11-2017)
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invasion08 View Post
Me too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0669.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	229082  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whistler For This Useful Post:
AndysLog (01-08-2017), BayouM5 (01-08-2017), shizzy (01-09-2017), Zedbra (01-08-2017)
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invasion08 View Post
On this I must agree with you too, I was impressed with the overall comfort of even the non-powered seats and not just for short trips either as most of the use my truck sees is 600 plus mile trips.

Its too bad that sometimes something simple will simply get under another persons skin and before long a hate relationship begins to fester.

T CRO
2016 SV-VTP CC/LB 4X4 V6/AUTO

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.