Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Tranmission removal and exhaust.

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Daroccot 
#1 ·
Some time ago Coolbreeze419 posted this from his diy post...

9. The manual says to remove the "front left and right exhaust tubes". These seemed to be the only thing NOT in the way. The parts in front of those and behind those ARE in the way. I just removed the entire exhaust. It seemed easier than wrestling with each piece. Note: I did take it out in pieces, not as a whole. Also EVERY SINGLE piece of the exhaust has a sensor. Be sure to disconnect them.

What exactly are the parts that are in the way? Obviously the "Y" pipe has to go but what about in front or next to these tubes? I don't see how they are actually in the way. If I can do this job without removing the cats that would be much better... I like working on rusted exhaust bolts about as much as drywalling....

#2 ·
Where exactly is the most rearward O2 sensor located on a newer Gen 2?

#3 ·
You can't get the right side bell housing bolt next to the starter out without pulling the right side primary cat. You can't even get a wobbly socket on it. And it's easier to get the trans in and out with both sides out of the way though it is possible to leave the left side primary cat in the truck.

#5 ·
Yup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.