Superior Axle & Gears announces new products... - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustard23 View Post
my truck sucked *** with 35s, are you an Auto? it was ok in the desert and on anythign flat but I could climb a hill to save my life. When I talked to the guys at superior last year they are crawler guys, crawlers like the lowest gears they can get.. Look at the stock mini class avarge speed it's like 35 MPH.. so for what Xterra racing is doing they are grate.

Yeah I have an auto, I have to pull it out of overdive alot and it sucks gas down, but I was so suprised how well it does after reading some of your old post. It's way faster with 35's then any stock 4.0 Ford Ranger ever dreamed about being. The only thing I'm worried about is the Sand Dunes. Once I let all the air out and try to mob up the big hills I have a feeling it's gona bog down. I understand the concept of the higher gear ratio's in a race car but these trucks are not race cars their frontiers, and most of them do well over half their driving on the streets. I've talked to a few of the titan guy's with 37 and 3.73 from hoopers and they love it. With the auto it's a good combo for daily driving and offroading. Greg's got 4.10 in his 9" with 37's and that thing ripps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
3 or 4 months, wow this sucks. Everyone needs to e-mail the gears we want.
4.10 with 35's= 26.80" of travel with one rotation of the drive shaft.
3.69 with 32's = 27.23
3.69 with 31's = 26.38
So 4.10's with 35's is almost dead center of SE and Nismo
that is what I am going to ask for.

2005 Storm Grey Nismo KC 4x4 6SPD
UUHHH lets just say it has a bit o character
(next mod big ol bucket o bondo)
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerlandson View Post
Why are they so hung up on making 4.56 and 4.88. I only want 3.73 maby 4.10 at the most. My truck still rocks with 35's if it had 4.10 instead of 3.36 it would be a monster and will be going Yota smokin at the sand drags next year. Remember all you auto 2wd guys with the stupid dana 44, if what everyone says about that axle being the same as the titan's you can get a 3.73 set put in at Hoopers.
or you could just find a 4x4 KC Nismo stick in a j/y and snag the rear axle and front diff and have 3.69's (which ought to be close enough to 3.73's for you)

'05 Storm Gray SE CC 4x4, 6M. PRG 2" f/r, OEM fogs/skids, 265/75r16 Yokohama Geolandar AT/S, stubbie antenna. (GONE)
'11 F150, Ingot Silver XLT Off-Road Supercrew 275/65/18 Toyo AT2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainerunr View Post
or you could just find a 4x4 KC Nismo stick in a j/y and snag the rear axle and front diff and have 3.69's (which ought to be close enough to 3.73's for you)

He has a titan front diff. There isn't anything deeper than 3.36 for them.

The first Frontier with an M205. Now gone.

'11 F150 Lariat Limited
'97 Mustang Cobra 'Vert
'89 TBird SC
'94 Pathy Trail Rig
'71 Dodge D200

post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizmut View Post
3 or 4 months, wow this sucks. Everyone needs to e-mail the gears we want.
4.10 with 35's= 26.80" of travel with one rotation of the drive shaft.
3.69 with 32's = 27.23
3.69 with 31's = 26.38
So 4.10's with 35's is almost dead center of SE and Nismo
that is what I am going to ask for.
x2...........someone really should get a list together or everyone just contact to show the demand and want for this product.

CALMINI sucks!
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As far as believing it when you see it...Believe it...I have seen them with my own eyes, personally...hell, I even held one that went in the Racing Xterra...plus Dave has one set currently IN the Racing X and another sitting on its trailer...

Plus two additional pieces of info here....

1--I have talked to Jane at AC 4x4 and they will carry these items as soon as they become available...

2--To quote Dave
"Working with SUPERIOR, we have came up with a way to use all the standard DANA 44 internals. So anything you can buy for a Jeep will be able to be used in your M226 housings.
Best thing is; all of these parts are already made and on the market. We ( Superior and I) have just got to get this all into a package for an average installer to be able to do the job. This is being worked on, but takes time."
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalind View Post
2--To quote Dave
"Working with SUPERIOR, we have came up with a way to use all the standard DANA 44 internals. So anything you can buy for a Jeep will be able to be used in your M226 housings.
Best thing is; all of these parts are already made and on the market. We ( Superior and I) have just got to get this all into a package for an average installer to be able to do the job. This is being worked on, but takes time."

So does that mean those of us with SE 4x4's can get 4.10 gears and lockers?

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2003 Honda CBR 954RR
2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4
2007 Nissan Frontier CC 6 Speed

Save an elk, shoot a land developer.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
As far as believing it when you see it...Believe it...I have seen them with my own eyes, personally...hell, I even held one that went in the Racing Xterra...plus Dave has one set currently IN the Racing X and another sitting on its trailer...

1--I have talked to Jane at AC 4x4 and they will carry these items as soon as they become available...

2--To quote Dave

How in the world can they make regular dana 44 gears fit, and no body else can. Do the have a magic wand. Greg gave these guys a front and rear diff from a titan 2 years ago and they did nothing. So I am on the belive it when I see it band wagon.
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:

2--To quote Dave
i meant ill believe it when i see it as a product on the market for us that we can actually buy instead of just talking about it all the time......................
but thanks for giving us the heads up and also giving us something exciting to look forward to.

CALMINI sucks!
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Us 4wd guys still don't have gears for our front diffs, not to mention they aren't as strong as we like.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Drivetrain Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.