Superior Axle & Gears announces new products... - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TerribleOne Send a message via Yahoo to TerribleOne
From my understanding it will help save the transmission, because it is not working as hard to get the rear axle to spin. I could definitely be wrong though. And anything larger than 4:10 in our trucks would be pretty ridiculous unless you are running 37's and rockcrawling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not to say its not going to happen but ill believe it when i see it since this has been talked about for at least 4-6months +++++++ and havent seen anything yet. they way the talk was i would have expected these gears to be out already but as with everything all this talk about aftermarket parts for our trucks and everyone gets all excited...............expecting them to come out sooner and its ends up being later.
not to mention does no good for us 4wds and the bigger market will be for the 4wds because of how many more 4wds there are and the need for lifting and bigger tires.

CALMINI sucks!
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
which axle? M226 or C300?

EDIT: i didnt read the whole thing...

2005 Super Black (and white) Crew Cab SE 4x4

Code Name: SHAMU

Build Thread
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_pearl View Post
From my understanding it will help save the transmission, because it is not working as hard to get the rear axle to spin. I could definitely be wrong though. And anything larger than 4:10 in our trucks would be pretty ridiculous unless you are running 37's and rockcrawling.

depents if you MT or AT, and what you are using it for if your crawling, 35 and 5.13 would be good..

this might help Superior Axle and Gear
The Following User Says Thank You to mustard23 For This Useful Post:
Servinhimonly (11-09-2008)
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Why are they so hung up on making 4.56 and 4.88. I only want 3.73 maby 4.10 at the most. My truck still rocks with 35's if it had 4.10 instead of 3.36 it would be a monster and will be going Yota smokin at the sand drags next year. Remember all you auto 2wd guys with the stupid dana 44, if what everyone says about that axle being the same as the titan's you can get a 3.73 set put in at Hoopers.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerlandson View Post
Why are they so hung up on making 4.56 and 4.88. I only want 3.73 maby 4.10 at the most. My truck still rocks with 35's if it had 4.10 instead of 3.36 it would be a monster and will be going Yota smokin at the sand drags next year. Remember all you auto 2wd guys with the stupid dana 44, if what everyone says about that axle being the same as the titan's you can get a 3.73 set put in at Hoopers.

my truck sucked *** with 35s, are you an Auto? it was ok in the desert and on anythign flat but I could climb a hill to save my life. When I talked to the guys at superior last year they are crawler guys, crawlers like the lowest gears they can get.. Look at the stock mini class avarge speed it's like 35 MPH.. so for what Xterra racing is doing they are grate.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Premium Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerlandson View Post
Why are they so hung up on making 4.56 and 4.88. I only want 3.73 maby 4.10 at the most..
Like spalind said, If you want a different ratio then e-mail them.

Mike's 2005 NISMO build

2005 NISMO CC 4X4-ICON 2.5 coilovers,AC 3 leaf pack,Bilstein shocks, 3" Body lift, Titan front differential, Pathfinder half shafts, 305/70R16, American Outlaw Colt wheels, KMA rear bumper, Black Widow Off Road hi-lift mount, Home made utilitrac spare tire mount, Airflow snorkel, Shrockworks sliders and skids
Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyniss View Post
not to say its not going to happen but ill believe it when i see it since this has been talked about for at least 4-6months +++++++ and havent seen anything yet. they way the talk was i would have expected these gears to be out already but as with everything all this talk about aftermarket parts for our trucks and everyone gets all excited...............expecting them to come out sooner and its ends up being later.
not to mention does no good for us 4wds and the bigger market will be for the 4wds because of how many more 4wds there are and the need for lifting and bigger tires.

someones cup is half empty...

2006 Frontier Nismo kc 4x2 - gone but missed
2010 Xterra OffRoad 4x4 - still breaking her in

Dan
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I called them and was told that the gears were still out a ways, they are still in development.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmo4X2 View Post
someones cup is half empty...
somewhat i guess you could say so...............part of the reason i been thinking about buying a beater/rig and building it up for wheeling and keeping the fronty for towing it.
but lets just see how long it really takes for these gears to come out from now????????? since we are talking about it again and were 4-6 months ago or even more months ago and still no gears yet.........................................

CALMINI sucks!

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Drivetrain Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.