Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Front driveline with DB lift

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nomad 13 
#1 ·
I know I have seen a couple people talk about this but I couldn't find the posts. Ever since I did my DB lift, in 4WD and when reversing, my front drive line will scrape on the frame cross member. I took my drive line off and just flipped it around and it seems to be working.

It looks like it was scrapping on a weight on the drive line right where the cross member was and I guess just that much clearance was all that was needed.

Does anyone know why this would be a bad idea, switching what side of the drive is connected to the diff and T-case?

#3 ·
Mine did the same thing but it was bad enough that I couldn't even drive it. I took that cross member off (yes, it's a total PITA and the bolts were installed by Hercules with a glue gun), heated that spot up with my gas welding torch and took the old BFH to it. Clearance Clarence! Good as new : )
BTW, it's only with the Calmini kit since the Fabtech kit has the retarded front diff mount that Fs up the u-joint angles

#5 ·
It was definitely an f-n pain but I didn't want to have issues with it rubbing or knocking the weight off or worse, having it come apart on me. Also doesn't hurt that I had a 1/2 wobbly socket for my Ingersol to pull the damn bolts off.

#7 ·
Maybe. Still a pretty lousy solution. Eliminating the need for one more step in the install process and the trade off is the possibility of grenading your front diff and a terminal driveline vibration that leads to premature failure of front u-joint. Sounds like a crappy compromise to me : /
My Fabtech kit never operated as smoothly as this kit does. No driveline vibrations whatsoever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.