Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Atlas transfer case

15K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Sixspeed-SV 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yes but those are the Installation instructions. No guess work.

#4 ·
hmmmm 4.3:1 transfer :). screw re-gearing. Keep the high gears for fuel economy and run the tranfer. Of course, I think this is a gear driven transfer case (based on the NP205) so your fuel economy is going in the shitter anyway`

#6 ·
fuel economy? I haven't seen that in two years.

#9 ·
that sounds good lol so many ideas lol

#13 ·
I'd like to understand how the Atlas is better than what is in my truck already? How much of a difference is it? Is it like having 4.10's in both diffs already when u put that Atlas into low? That might solve the 35" tire woes.

#15 ·
That Atlas that fits in the X's has lower gears than the stock transfer case in our Frontiers?

#19 ·
the 4spd will not match up to our tranny, but the 2spd will.

a stock nissan replacement tcase is $2100

i just ordered an Atlas II 2spd with all needed adapters (minus driveshaft mods) for just over $2600

since i need a new tcase, it's pretty much a $500 mod for me at the moment. :nana::laugh:

#30 ·
Advance Adapters doesn't current;y make one due to the very minimal demand for our application. :( If it becomes available in the future I'm fairly sure I'll think very much about upgrading.

as for the wheels.....Stazworks is working on them, I just didin't give them an easy design. :)

#26 · (Edited)
I thought that they were the same?

YOU wanna go 4wd? wow..didn't see that one coming haha
Honestly, I would rarely ever use it. But I find myself second guessing where my truck can go...mainly soft sand scenario's. I have been plotting it for a very long time.

Gears, TerribleOne, Gears.

Not gonna find 4.11's in titan diffs, much to Andy's chagrin
For what I would need 4wd for I could deal with 3:69's up front and 4:10's in the rear. I mainly would like to have it for baja and those unforeseen circumstances. I would never use it for more than a hundred yards maximum I would imagine. I have only gotten stuck once, and that was before the TT and somewhat intentional.

#27 ·
With 35's and that much driveline tension, you'll just blow the front in 20 feet anyway.

Not trying to be a downer, lol, just trying to be realistic

#31 ·
Not at all, I appreciate it. I have never owned a 4wd; driven plenty of them, but never needed to own one. So I don't understand a lot about the limitations or week points.

Ok, so someone hurry up and figure out how to get another front diff to work so I can get the right gears:)

#34 ·
from 2008 - did the install go well?

This thread has a little dust. This may fall in line with the 2005+ manual transfer case thread as curiosity to change the stock case is percolating for some sort of modification. there are other comments along the transfer case line but, nothing defining.

Is it a pure lunacy and fleeting imagination that the transfer case and gear reductions could be altered to slow the rig to an even nicer idle over stuff in the way on a trail?

::smile::

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.