Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What's the best tonneau cover out there?

283K views 353 replies 180 participants last post by  Blackfrontier05 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I need help finding a new tonneau cover for my 05 Frontier LE. I currently have a BAK RollBak Tonneau Cover and let me say that "IT SUCKS". I was on the freeway coming home from work and it all of the sudden rolled itself. It's broken so it can't be used. I was able to unroll it and use the side utilitracs to tie it, but it will not lock anymore. As well as it's not water proof at all. Can anyone please help me find one that's loyal, looks decent and gives me full use of the utilitrac system in the tailgate it would be great. Also one that locks so I can lock the tailgate and keep my tools or property safe. Thank you guys/gals in advance for any help.

Ricky C.

#2 ·
Undercover is pretty good, but it's kinda pricey cuz it's a hard top. Fit all your criteria though.

#4 ·
I've got a Truxedo Truxport. It's a soft roll up, rolls up very nice. Only issue I have is the weather strip on the back rail (that seals on the tailgate). It's an easy fix, just takes an email and you get a new one in about two days. Great cover though. Been rockin mine for 3 1/2 years now.

#5 ·
#9 ·
the rollup concept is great untill you see how much space you lose up front... I'd go soft top or, reluctantly based on the POS standard G2 bakflip i have now, the HD Bakflip. I dont see a better concept for a hard cover out there than Bakflip. It easily folds up and out of the way, can be removed in seconds if it has too and placed in the bed or stored easily away.

#11 ·
i would have gotten one if not for that reason....i bought my truck so i load my bike up and with the bike all tha way forward it sits hlaf way on the tailgate. if i remember the rollup uses 8" of space up front so i wouldn't be able to put my bike back there....i've been usin the Access Loredo lopro for 3 yrs now and love...have to get some new weather strippin for the tailgate since when it rains heavily i'll get some leakage but overall i'm 100% happy with it. i'm just hesistant of leavin real valuable thinks in it since all it take is some a$$hole with a razor to get access to my bed

#10 ·
I like mine, the retrax.

I got it on my work truck so it is not as nice looking as Katsu's gray one. Locks in any position 0 leaks (I can pressure wash my truck and it still doesn't leak)

#14 ·
I Have A Trifecta For Sale $250, I Put A Cap On. Pm If Interested

#15 ·
I just bought my truck 2 weeks ago and within 4 days I had a Bakflip HD installed. I love the top so far. Zero water issues with all the rain we just got in SoCal, and the self locking feature is nice. Tonight I had to haul some 8' tubing so I just folded it 2/3 rds of the way, bungied it with the included D rings and I was good to go.

So far, So good.

Reactions: cgpeanut
#16 ·
just to throw my .02 in:

just ordered a Leer 700 for my '10 Pro-4X but have not got it yet but it is a true hard top

LEER Tonneau Covers and Truck Bed Covers

got the keyless lock option & ran me 1200 installed

#18 ·
where can i find one of this bakflip and how much do they cost

#19 ·
bakflip-tonneau.com
If that doesn't work just do a search for bakflip. I got mine 18 months ago or so. Total cost then was $577.63. They were having a $50 rebate going at the time. Now the things are over $700. Don't they know we have a resession going on?

Attachments

#24 ·
very nice but not in my price range thanks

#22 ·
I went on a road trip to colorado over christmas so I bought a Access Vanish low pro cover. I really like it, the only problem I had was flipping and removing the bed extender. Althought with a little modification it works fine. Paid right at 350 on sale with no shipping (I live 20mins from their warehouse). Good luck finding one you like.

Vanish Low Profile Roll Up Truck Bed Cover

#23 ·
I've got the RETRAX cover and have been very surprised how dry it is. It locks anywhere and I haven't had an issue with the lost space yet.

I only wish someone made retractable bed racks like the THULE 422X (I thinK??) for a roll top bed cover. That would be the cat @$$.

#26 ·
I had one a couple of trucks ago. In the winter I'd put my truck in the garage and use my 500 watt halogen work light in the bed and pull the cover tight as I could and the heat from the light warmed the cover enough to get it to stretch and snap on.

Clint

#28 ·
imo i like the look of the vinyl covers, but knowing that with a box cutter, thieves could easily get access to my personal stuff. i like the bakflip, but it already has bad reviews, and the fact that it covers the whole back window when you need the bed. some retractable covers are nice (pace edwards Pace-Edwards, maker of hard, retractable truck bed covers and tonneau covers Bakflip rollbak Tonneau Cover - Tonneau Covers ) and i would easily buy one, but its not in my price range. after doing a lot of searching i found 2 covers that im interested in. there is the "fold-a-cover" Folding Tonneau Cover | Hard Tonneau Cover | Foldacover | Fold-a-cover and there is "peragon" Peragon Truck Bed Cover - Retractable

i still havent made my pick. but its between one of those two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.