How many of you would buy Motorbike - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier Forum
View Poll Results: Would you buy a Motorcycle?
I would, if i had the $ 243 34.27%
No Thanks 78 11.00%
Neutral 37 5.22%
I'll wait until the price is $5.00 or more a gallon 18 2.54%
I already have a motorcycle 333 46.97%
Voters: 709. You may not vote on this poll

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudyfronty05 View Post
No, thank you. I just don't have the balance to ride one of those. I consider myself lucky to ride my mountain bike without killing myself, lol. Now if they ever make 4 wheelers street legal, sign me up!
if balance is the only thing, you could get a trike...but i've only seen senior citizens riding those.

Motor Trike®

'007 2wd Nismo; Titan swap (5" lift with swayaway coilovers featuring PRG custom valving), Superchips tuned, penski61 custom sliders, volant cai, nismo catback, 350Z tstat swap,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Taylor_01
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungyfish View Post
I voted no, and I can afford one if I wanted. Heres my logic.
A dirtbike yes.
A street bike or cruiser for road riding? Not a chance.
I don't trust cars and have several friends that have had cars pull out and hit them. At least if I bail in a field or on a track on a dirt bike its my fault and not the fault of someone who doesn't pay attention. I like to control my fate as much as possible.
My 2 cents.
They are in AZ. Many of my friends have them legalized. Im doing mine soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTigerSE View Post
Oh hell yeah! 4 wheelers or quads would be awsome!!!! Seriously..if they do make the legal...omg, there would be so many on the roads...

2005 Black SE Crew Cab : AEM Brute Force CAI, Gibson Exhaust, 2* Timing Advance, BFG A/Ts, Sirius Radio...

2008 Fully Built Polaris Outlaw 525, Desert Racer
2005 YZ450f

In order to be fast, you have to know when to be slow.

Last edited by Taylor_01; 04-10-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #23 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
if balance is the only thing, you could get a trike...but i've only seen senior citizens riding those.

Motor Trike®
Nope, I'll walk, thanks

'05 EB CC NISMO 4X4 MODs-Nissan toolbox-PRGproducts. com 3in lift w/Radflo coilovers and Deaver mini spring pack,Bilstien 5125's,285/75R16 Treadwright guard dog tires, Trail Gear Rock sliders, Extended differential air lines, custom NISMO stickers, Wet Okole seat covers.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2600655/1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Shift_Obsessed

I made a deal with the fiance, if gas hits 4.25 here, I get a bike the next day. already have the liscense, just never bought one. I do ride the quad everywhere close to home. The cops by me dont care as long as you're driving normal and use handsignals if there are blinkers available.

06 NISMO KC 4x4 6sp. Traction bar mod, E-locker mod, Nismo CAI, SilverStar Ultra headlights and Luminic JDM yellow fogs, OEM bug-guard, WeatherTech vent visors, ScanGaugeII w/ BlendMount, Factory Nav mount w/ Garmin 750, JVC XG700, Polk Audio speakers, Kenwood SW10 sub, Superchips Tuned(93 +2), WRP TBS, Banks Monster Exhaust, 350Z Thermostat, Cooper ATPs.
post #25 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

just a quick way to die

Mods: K&N cold air intake, 40 series flowmaster dual exaust, 3in AC body lift, 5in calmini suspension lift, 16 inch pro comp wheels with 285/75/16 mud terrain tires, custom grill,Pioneer cd player, kicker tweeters, infinity perfect 6x9 and 6.5 speakers,N-Fab step bars powder coated black,UWS black tool box
post #26 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryby493 View Post
just a quick way to die

Not if your smart and wear the gear.

3 years ago I was riding my 2000 Yamaha YZF-600 on a 4 lane highway and somebody decided to pull out in front of me off a side road. I was going ~75mph hit both brakes and swerved but couldn't get out of the way fast enough and ran smack into the rear quarter panel of an audi A4 sedan. Got ejected from the bike flew over the car and landed on my head and shoulder first then proceded to roll down the highway stopping about 100 feet from the accident.

I was wearing a not cheap, but not expensive helmet (HJC $120), leather riding jacket, riding boots, gloves, and jeans.

Without the gear I would have probably been dead or brain dead. The helmet did it's job and I had no head injuries after smaking the concrete at about 50 miles an hour. Since I had all the right stuff I only ended up with a fractured shoulder and a Tib/Fib fracture right above my boot.

Three months later I had a new bike. I moved up and bought a 2001 GSXR-750.

Sold the Gixer last year and decided to try a little something different and bought a 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning.

As long as your not a dumb A$$ and wear the gear and ride smart it's the most exciting thing you can do EVERYDAY!

Just my 2 cents.

2006 NISMO Crew Cab 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2839600
post #27 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 02:20 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

i love riding

08 SE CC 4x2, Avalanche White

WANT CHROME, LOTS AND LOTS OF IT!
post #28 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 03:32 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via Yahoo to Taylor_01
Gear wont protect you from being run over multiple times on a freeway.

2005 Black SE Crew Cab : AEM Brute Force CAI, Gibson Exhaust, 2* Timing Advance, BFG A/Ts, Sirius Radio...

2008 Fully Built Polaris Outlaw 525, Desert Racer
2005 YZ450f

In order to be fast, you have to know when to be slow.
post #29 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 05:26 AM
Shift_Hardcore

1968 XLCH Sportster

Here's my classic !

Kick only, ( Yeah I have sportster knee ) !

It's a fun cruiser and I use it putt around town and go on Toy Runs, etc. Leather and a brain bucket is a good thing, when you go down, and it's not if you go down it's definately when. You must understand that a motorcycles natural position is on it's side, so you can ride as sensible as possible and still you'll eventually crash. You just have to ride very defensively, expect that cage drivers don't see you, adjust your headlight up and to the left so it shines in cage drivers eyes and always remember that "Loud Pipes, Save Lives" ...Mine are straight pipes, no mufflers ... heh, heh, heh !!!

Last edited by cctmobiledetail; 04-11-2008 at 09:42 AM.
post #30 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 06:00 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06NISMOCrew View Post
Not if your smart and wear the gear.

3 years ago I was riding my 2000 Yamaha YZF-600 on a 4 lane highway and somebody decided to pull out in front of me off a side road. I was going ~75mph hit both brakes and swerved but couldn't get out of the way fast enough and ran smack into the rear quarter panel of an audi A4 sedan. Got ejected from the bike flew over the car and landed on my head and shoulder first then proceded to roll down the highway stopping about 100 feet from the accident.

I was wearing a not cheap, but not expensive helmet (HJC $120), leather riding jacket, riding boots, gloves, and jeans.

Without the gear I would have probably been dead or brain dead. The helmet did it's job and I had no head injuries after smaking the concrete at about 50 miles an hour. Since I had all the right stuff I only ended up with a fractured shoulder and a Tib/Fib fracture right above my boot.

Three months later I had a new bike. I moved up and bought a 2001 GSXR-750.

Sold the Gixer last year and decided to try a little something different and bought a 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning.

As long as your not a dumb A$$ and wear the gear and ride smart it's the most exciting thing you can do EVERYDAY!

Just my 2 cents.

But the majority of people dont wear stuff like your talking about an either get killed or end up in a wheel chair for the rest of there life, but its a good thing you had your stuff on or you could have been hurt alot worse.

Mods: K&N cold air intake, 40 series flowmaster dual exaust, 3in AC body lift, 5in calmini suspension lift, 16 inch pro comp wheels with 285/75/16 mud terrain tires, custom grill,Pioneer cd player, kicker tweeters, infinity perfect 6x9 and 6.5 speakers,N-Fab step bars powder coated black,UWS black tool box

Nissan Frontier Forum > ClubFrontier News and Polls > ClubFrontier Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.