How many of you would buy Motorbike - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum
View Poll Results: Would you buy a Motorcycle?
I would, if i had the $ 241 34.23%
No Thanks 78 11.08%
Neutral 37 5.26%
I'll wait until the price is $5.00 or more a gallon 18 2.56%
I already have a motorcycle 330 46.88%
Voters: 704. You may not vote on this poll

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTigerSE View Post
Oh hell yeah! 4 wheelers or quads would be awsome!!!! Seriously..if they do make the legal...omg, there would be so many on the roads...

I was just talking to a firend the other day on why they don't make them legal iN Idaho youw ould see them all the time they would put lights and stuff on them and they were good to go, but why not make a 4wheeler that is more like a sport bike.

also have you seen Can-Ams trike.. BRP Can-Am Spyder Roadster

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(no thanks) I don't trust other drivers, I work at a hospital and have seen first hand what a car vs. bike accident can do.

Avalanche 2008 Nissan Frontier SE King Cab 4X2
post #13 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Shift_Newbie

I already have one and I can't get enough of them. Here's a pic of my ride. 2006 CBR 600RR.

I encounter dumb idiots everyday. When you ride for awhile you can almost spot these people before you ever get close to them. Ya know, tha type that are driving down the road on their cell phones, or putting on lipstick with just their elbow on the wheel. It all comes down to being a defensive driver, and always being on your toes.

There's no possible way to avoid them. They're everywhere, but if you always stay alert you can usually get yourself out of a situation. Especially with the type bike I have. Nothing like the feeling of that motor revving to 15,000 RPMs. Dang, I wanna go ride now!

2006 Nissan Nismo

Last edited by shortysboy09; 04-10-2008 at 04:53 PM.

post #14 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I have a dirt bike already (93 Honda XR250L), It used to be street legal but I took the signals and stuff off then put a CR500 front fork and rear shock on it with some knobby tires and know it stays offroad.

I just dont trust other drivers enough to ride on the street anymore.

2007 Stormgray NISMO, CC, 4x4, Sunroof
MODS:
3" SL, 2" BL, E-locker mod, 285/75/16 BFG AllTerrain, Hella HB5 Xenon headlights, Hella 500 driving lights, Calmini prerunner bumper, Trailgear sliders

Coming Soon: Shrockworks Skids,
post #15 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
are you going to buy new? used? are you financing? it all depends on these things...you,re not really saving if you buy new and finance...you got to factor in monthly payment, gas, maintenance (and lots of maintenance for bikes), insurance for the bike which would probably eat up your wallet even more...(this is if your reasons are high gas prices)....or are you getting rid of the truck?

My favorite book is about "relaxing" but I can never finish it because I keep falling asleep

Last edited by GroovyDude; 04-10-2008 at 05:52 PM.
post #16 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Shift_Fanatic

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bungyfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_pearl View Post
I am actually looking for an enduro right now, that way I get the best of both worlds. I just haven't found the one I want for the price I want yet. I am looking mainly at the KTM and Honda 650's. I spend about 280$ + a month on gas just commuting. So the way I see it the bike will pretty much pay for itself. Being I live in San Diego I can ride it about 360 days a year.

My only concerns are the other drivers, so for commuting I plan on avoiding the highway as much as possible, or staying in the slow lanes when I can.

FYI Pearl - I have 3 friends who have crashed in the last year and all were in city traffic w/ speed limits under 50. 2 had people pull out in front them (1 layed it down, the other never saw it coming) and the 3rd avoided a dude pulling out and went to the right only to rear end a car slowing down to turn, but he was probably going to fast.
Although the highway is faster speeds there is less going on you have more control over the flow. Just my thoughts. I have ridden everything from quads and dirts to street bikes and Harleys. I just prefer to control my crashes.. haha.

"I'd rather be lost and happy, than to know where I am and not like it"

14 -Black - CC 4x4
Rough Country 3" block/shackle lift - 1" BL - 07 wheels.
post #17 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyDude View Post
are you going to buy new? used? are you financing? it all depends on these things...you,re not really saving if you buy new and finance...you got to factor in monthly payment, gas, maintenance (and lots of maintenance for bikes), insurance for the bike which would probably eat up your wallet even more...(this is if your reasons are high gas prices)....or are you getting rid of the truck?

This how I looked at it when I bought mine, I'm spending $100 a week on gas, now it's up to about $125 a week, The BMW cost more but better gas millage they clame 75 mpg, went on thumper talk people were reporting 65 mpg as ther avrage when trail riding, I got Financed at %1.8 I'm paying 400 in iterest over 5 years, and my monthly payment is $225 and my insurance is is $50 a month. plus they made my first 5 payments. that $225, a month pays for bike, rideing gear, GPS, lugage racks, and getting my Bike regeared.

NorCal is also a lot more Bike friendly then SoCal.
post #18 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Shift_Newbie

Been on one form or another of motorcycle since I was 7 years old so I'm a bit biased towards riding.
The only things I have to say are:
Everyone of these folks who warn about other drivers, listen to them. You will see them more so once on two wheels.
Ride within your limits. You will quickly know what you are comfortable with and what you are not. If you want to push your limits, do it at a riding school and not your local roads.
Gear, I cant preach enough about protective gear. Yeah the good stuff is expensive, thats just the facts of life, but is it more expensive than your life?

2007 Majestic Blue NISMO KC, 4x4, 6-speed, Gibson catback, Clarion DUZ385SAT
2007 Trek EX8-Custom parts build by me for me
2003 Honda 919, Carbon Sato's, PCIII-USB planned asphalt gray
1992 Nissan 240sx- SR20DET swap, HKS intake, exhaust, and SSQV, VLSD, S14 Silvia JDM seats(super comfy), Exedy stage 2 clutch
Myspace
post #19 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I love mine....06 Roadstar Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec7 View Post
Been on one form or another of motorcycle since I was 7 years old so I'm a bit biased towards riding.
The only things I have to say are:
Everyone of these folks who warn about other drivers, listen to them. You will see them more so once on two wheels.
Ride within your limits. You will quickly know what you are comfortable with and what you are not. If you want to push your limits, do it at a riding school and not your local roads.
Gear, I cant preach enough about protective gear. Yeah the good stuff is expensive, thats just the facts of life, but is it more expensive than your life?

Man I hear that....Can't tell you haow many guys I know who buy the cheapest helmets. I'm like..."Are you kidding me!" I paid over 3 bills for my Shark, but I know it's gonna do the job when and if the time comes.

2007 Storm Grey SE CC 4X4 Auto.

Last edited by Freejay; 04-10-2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #20 of 287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freejay View Post
Man I hear that....Can't tell you haow many guys I know who buy the cheapest helmets. I'm like..."Are you kidding me!" I paid over 3 bills for my Shark, but I know it's gonna do the job when and if the time comes.
Yeah I went for the best helmet i could get, it was nice I got %15 off everything I bought witht he bike, and all there revtech gear was on close out so another 50% on that.

when I go down I want to be fully armorded up.. I never understood the I'm wareing shorts and a t-shirt to ride.. plus you just look cool wiht all the gear.. even my fat *** looks good.

Nissan Frontier Forum > ClubFrontier News and Polls > ClubFrontier Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.