Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Gun metal navara d40 LE

40K views 81 replies 14 participants last post by  krankybuluk 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

got a bit of time so I think I am going to start a thread on my build!:nerd:
starts of with a new d40 nissan navara LE straight of the dealer:

it's 4wd comes with the 128kw yd25ddti engine 4cyl 16v 2.5L turbo diesel twin overhead cam...
came with a nudge bar and a calmini block lift kit...

there will be a few mods that will go and have already started on this one!::grin::

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
first we will go through the engine mods,
-supercircuit 2.75"exhaust+ turbo downpipe
-Apexi 2.5x bigger intercooler + 3" intercooler piping kit
-common rail fuel pressure release valve shim
-power lab FPC-2 common rail pressure chip
>:D
according to powerlab I should now be in the 200-230hp bracket(140-170kw) and a good +100NM of torque...that makes the car drive a lot better you can drive it around and shift around 1800rpm instead of 2500rpm before...
only thing is the tune is a bit smokey even turned halfway! so I will need more air....

right now looking at putting a volant powercore CAI so I can mate it to a snorkel! the thing is will it get in the way of the intercooler pipe!!! has anyone tried?

And after that maybe a turbo upgrade....::wink::

BTW my build is trying to achieve a competent powerful yet economic offroader/daily driver::laugh::

Attachments

#7 ·
Man, reading this tread frustrates me so much! You are so lucky you can get a Diesel engine in your truck. I (and many, many Club Frontier members)will have to wait a couple more years for Nissan to meet the strict pollution guidelines set forth by the not so loved tree hugging EPA. Then I can buy my diesel powered Frontier, and then RIP off all the pollution controlled systems, add a bigger turbo, larger intercooler, propane injection, and run high sulfur farm grade diesel through it!

As soon as the diesel Frontier shows up at my local dealership, I will have my check book in hand, ready to buy!

Keep up the good work, nice pictures, and enjoy that diesel of yours!

CPS

#4 ·
thanks randyjay!

located far far away LOL.... Vanuatu in the south west pacific

#5 ·
Hi all,

this is the first little :crying: suspension mod before the titan swap!!
got the Ac megacrawler pack with bilsteins...
everything went well except i wasn't ready to have the front bumpstop brackets different on the navara (wider) so I had to hack it all of and weld the jounce shock mounting on the chassis!
so for others it's definitely not a bolt on mod:frown:
the rears i have to modify the bracket as the holes come to close to the dege of the chassis, wouldn't like to weaken it....:serious:
all up the kit is a real big improvement over stock a bit on the firm side but i like it
::wink::

Attachments

#8 ·
Just bought a volant CAI, can't wait to have it and try and adapt it to the diesel!!!

#11 ·
ebay titan UCA (TC copies...) and LCA ready to be shipped! Now just trying my luck on PRG Saw's...and the rest of the bits been trying to e-mail for 4 month now, hope he comes back to me soon saying he as stock... otherwise I will have to get a 3" spacer in a meantime.....
Do you guys know if I risk anything with spacer+ the AC bilstein coilovers and coils? I am afraid of the droop as I doubt the shocks have droopstops!
cheers

#12 ·
just found a cool old roll bar in ss steel!
thinking about platidipping it before putting it on...
cheers

#15 ·
thanks Zedbra,

still waiting for my plastidip cans to arrive first...
cheers

#17 ·
thanks for the tip for the alignment!
i did think of that as le upper arms are not adjustable...
but I have a secret weapon that should solve that problem!::grin::

The australians at superpro have developped a misalignment bushing for the d40, this should give me that little extra with the cambolts to get the alignment sorted LOL

Attachments

#19 ·
forgot to mention they have those both for the lower and upper arms tooo....

#20 ·
put on the ultra racing chassis bracing yesterday...
great improvement for $58 leaving malaysia!!!!
the truck feels a lot stiffer and feels like your driving a high quality sedan...:surprise:

Attachments

#22 ·
gotta love ebay!!!
here is what i just won for $50 and 22 for the shipping... chinese but hell why not if it only lasts a year then i can buy a good ones!
waiting for the brackets and to see if I can fit 53" on the roof!::grin::

Attachments

#23 ·
finally got around fitting rear jounce shocks!!::grin::
needed new holes on brackets, modified striking plates slightly because the brakelines were in a different spot....
and took advantage to change the braklines as the oem would have been too short!!!!

Attachments

#24 ·
Nice Light bar haha i think i got the same kind off ebay. I haven't had the chance to put it on yet, need to fab up some brackets. Once you put yours on let me know how you run the wire in. Good luck!

#25 ·
cheers guts,

I was going to run the wires from the bracket on the sied of the wind screen straight into the engine bay so i wouldn't have to mack around with drilling the roof and removing the headliner...LOL

#26 ·
might call me ******* LOL

just been trying to find a propper way to protect my uniballs on the new arms, and played around with cv-boots and others.... but woke up this morning with an easier idea, just put a 2"/50mm galpipe cap and duct tape it there. easy for on truck maintenance::laugh::

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.