FABTECH 6" Lift Kit - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FABTECH 6" Lift Kit

Hello all, is anyone running the Fabtech 6" Lift Kit?

I will get this is in the near future as part of my next generation upgrades but I have some questions for now:

Do you use standard size/length shocks on the front?

Is this kit a straight bolt on?

What are the largest diameter 16" tires that can be fit with this kit?

Is the 6" lift only with the kit or is it say 4.5"/5" lift plus larger tire size?

Been dragging my b elly too much in the Victorian Alps, got some decent dints in my TJM 150L. Fuel tank and want to lift this baby up quite a bit.

All the best, Ozroder

Australia - The most regulated country in the world!
Australian Banks - The highest fees and charges in the world!

2006 Silver D40 4x4 Navara 2.5L TD, TOTM - Nov 2008, DC Chip, D.I.Y. 2" Body Lift Kit, AR "Trench" 16x8 Chrome Wheels, MT ATZ Tires 285/75/R16, Radflo 3" Lift Kit, TC UTC`s, TJM LR 150L Tank, TJM F.U.G. Armor, Outback Overhead console with Uniden GPS105 UHF/GPS, Scanguage, ARB Bullbar, ARB Rear Diff Lock and Onboard Compressor, Nissan Foggers, IRP Driving Lights, Nissan Snorkel, 2" Ext: Alum. Shift knob. Black Nissan Side Protectors, Black Mustang Stripes, Aluminium Tray, D.I.Y Camper with Roof Top Tent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I am running this kit and so far I'm happy with it. It's basically a bolt on kit, but there is some cutting required and best to have this done in a shop. You will need an alignment when you done for sure.

Yes, I still have stock shocks in place. Ultimatley I will replace with radflo but will stick with stock length.

I am running 295/75/16 - so basically 33.4" Probably could go bigger they say 35" with some trimming, but without gears this was big enough for me.

Is the 6" lift only with the kit or is it say 4.5"/5" lift plus larger tire size? No, my front bumber was 6" higher after lift was installed (with stock tires) now with bigger tires I'm up about 8"

Been dragging my b elly too much in the Victorian Alps, got some decent dints in my TJM 150L. Fuel tank and want to lift this baby up quite a bit.

Yea, I hear ya. Hope you got some protection under there.

2006 SE CC 4x4 A/T: NISMO CAI, JBA Exhaust, Unichip PNP, Fabtech 6" Lift w/PRG UCA, Radflo 2.0, Bilstien 5125 & custom Alcan Springs, ProComp 7089 w/BFG AT T/A (295/75R16), ShrockWorks Skids & Bumpers, Warn M8000, Hella 500s, M226 (3.69) swap w/ARB Air Locker & Compressor, CW Billet Grilles...

“A government for the people must depend for its success on the intelligence, the morality, the justice, and the interest of the people themselves”. - Grover Cleveland

Bigdog's Build Thread
#3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I am running this kit and so far I'm happy with it. It's basically a bolt on kit, but there is some cutting required and best to have this done in a shop. You will need an alignment when you done for sure.

Yes, I still have stock shocks in place. Ultimatley I will replace with radflo but will stick with stock length.

I am running 295/75/16 - so basically 33.4" Probably could go bigger they say 35" with some trimming, but without gears this was big enough for me.

Is the 6" lift only with the kit or is it say 4.5"/5" lift plus larger tire size? No, my front bumber was 6" higher after lift was installed (with stock tires) now with bigger tires I'm up about 8"

Thanks for that info bro...........I did a search after putting up this thread and saw where you advised about your setup elsewhere ...............do you know what work has to be done to fit the setup as I want to do this myself this time......

I will run with a 2" body lift also if I can get one as I want to run tires that are 34.5/35" without issue..................my current setup get my right wheel rubbing on right hand corners and its a pain...............but I will check this out after I do the lift.

All the best, Ozroder

2006 Silver D40 4x4 Navara 2.5L TD, TOTM - Nov 2008, DC Chip, D.I.Y. 2" Body Lift Kit, AR "Trench" 16x8 Chrome Wheels, MT ATZ Tires 285/75/R16, Radflo 3" Lift Kit, TC UTC`s, TJM LR 150L Tank, TJM F.U.G. Armor, Outback Overhead console with Uniden GPS105 UHF/GPS, Scanguage, ARB Bullbar, ARB Rear Diff Lock and Onboard Compressor, Nissan Foggers, IRP Driving Lights, Nissan Snorkel, 2" Ext: Alum. Shift knob. Black Nissan Side Protectors, Black Mustang Stripes, Aluminium Tray, D.I.Y Camper with Roof Top Tent.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozroder View Post
do you know what work has to be done to fit the setup as I want to do this myself this time......
I paid to have this done casue the work and tools required was way over my skill level. So I can't give first hand info. Also the instructions for our truck don't seem to be online, but here http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/pd...0%20060407.pdf is a link to the instructions for another vehicle. They look similar to what I got with my kit, so they should give you a better idea of what is involved.

Quote:
I will run with a 2" body lift also if I can get one as I want to run tires that are 34.5/35" without issue..................my current setup get my right wheel rubbing on right hand corners and its a pain...............but I will check this out after I do the lift.
They claim you can run 35" tires with this kit (with minor trimming). I am running 33.4" and had to remove the mud flaps, and did some minor trimming. At some point I will post pix of how where we trimmed. But you would never notice it. The bigger problem with 35" tires will be your gears, that's why I opted to stay around 33" and frankly it's big enough.

All the best, Ozroder[/QUOTE]

2006 SE CC 4x4 A/T: NISMO CAI, JBA Exhaust, Unichip PNP, Fabtech 6" Lift w/PRG UCA, Radflo 2.0, Bilstien 5125 & custom Alcan Springs, ProComp 7089 w/BFG AT T/A (295/75R16), ShrockWorks Skids & Bumpers, Warn M8000, Hella 500s, M226 (3.69) swap w/ARB Air Locker & Compressor, CW Billet Grilles...

“A government for the people must depend for its success on the intelligence, the morality, the justice, and the interest of the people themselves”. - Grover Cleveland

Bigdog's Build Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post:
Ozroder (08-05-2008)
#5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:25 AM
Shift_Enthusiast
Premium Member

Hello Bigdog, thanks for that link to the Fabtech pages, yes there is an amount of fabrication required that I do not wish to perform too.

I think from what I have seen that the Fabtech kit is the better of all out there but I am not happy that it is not a direct bolt in arrangement, this will cloud my wishes quite a bit so again thankyou for the insite into fitting a Fabtech setup.

All the Best, Ozroder

#6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

BigDog, you have answered this question partly for me, but I wanted to get others opinions who might have this setup without starting another thread in redundant fashion.

Does anyone out there who has the Fabtech 6" suspension kit have AAL's or shackles and AAL's for the back, and/or is it even possible? I don't hear good things about blocks and really would like a true suspension lift back there.

One more thing... At what point do you have to extend the drive shaft on the truck?

2008 SE 4x4 KC A/T 4.0 Smoke Gray

Mods: Bass Pro Sticker

Plans: PRG 4x4 coil over package, BFG T/A 265/75R16 tires, Pro Comp 1059 16"x8" wheels, Volant CAI, Flowmaster Exhaust system, Grille Guard, PIAA fog and superwhite driving lights.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Johnnyman88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post

sorry but i had to ask how does 33.4 tires give you 2 inches?? 1 inch bigger than stock, you have to cut it in half, so every inch is about .5 inch of lift or alittle less.

Big Bait Big Fish..Hold On..
#8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyman88 View Post
sorry but i had to ask how does 33.4 tires give you 2 inches?? 1 inch bigger than stock, you have to cut it in half, so every inch is about .5 inch of lift or alittle less.
Well, I know and this is the funny thing about it, but also ask how does a 4" spacer give you 6" of lift. Obviously there is a certain amount of leveling too. I measured a specific spot on my front bumber (where the 2 pieces meet) in a specific location of my driveway before and after the lift. Here are the pictures:

before

after

The results were a 6" increase at this point in the bumber. then after tires I measured again and it was 8.5" Maybe this is because a 295/75/16 is 33.4" when sitting on a 10" wheel (295mm = 11.6") and when on a 7" wheel they stand taller. I don't know the answer, its not what i expected.

Stock for me wass 30" and I went to 33" that should have been an additional 1.5" but it turned out to be 2.5" maybe now that they are mounted on 8" wheels I should measure again. I set up the same shot tommorow and post it here. Be interested to see the results.

Bigdog's Build Thread

Last edited by bigdog; 09-04-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Navara - International

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.