Nissan Frontier Forum banner

You know you drive a 1st gen when.......

26K views 113 replies 69 participants last post by  bananatruck 
#1 ·
Saw this on another website and was curious as to what you guys could come up with. Enjoy! I'll start us off....

1) Your oil pan only holds about 3.5 quarts...with the filter on!

2) You're turning as many RPM's as a crotch rocket when driving on the interstate. (for the MT guys)

3) You get the same gas mileage as a 1 ton diesel 4x4

4) You enjoy a close race with an 18-wheeler

5) You don't care about the first 3 things because you love driving your 1st gen.

6) You wish you had a timing chain....

#7 ·
When you get the P0430, P0328 codes even though there is nothing wrong with the truck.

#9 ·
When the truck says, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can when merging on the free way.

#11 · (Edited)
whenever someone rides with you, they comment on the suspension/steering squeaks.

whenever someone rides with you, they comment on the suspension/steering squeaks and you tell them the bushings/stops just need to be re-greased.

#13 ·
My Friends always comment on how nice and smooth my ride is off road. they say its way better than their Runnners!

#25 ·
when you buy a '11 camaro cause you need the performance.... (and tired of daily maint on an offroad truck)

#29 ·
Saved $8500 over a comparably equipt Toyota

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.