LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 05:29 AM
Shift_Obsessed
Premium Member

Thanked 1,041 Times in 748 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
calico.

“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”

pain of discipline.
pain of regret.
take your pick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Alright.

At the start of this thread, most of the responses seem to have been trying to turn me away from building my truck in the pre-runner style. However, it seems like my truck ('04 Desert Runner, 2wd, 5spd) was MEANT to be built this way. And, I really don't want to go 4x4 (I'd like to stay 4x2). Maybe WAY later, but not anytime soon at all.

What I'm MOST interested in is being able to be rolling down a road at, say 50 mph, and just decide I want to hop into a field keeping the speed and not worry about my truck breaking or flipping.

What other kind of setups would any one of you recommend for me? I want to go fast, over terrain. Not slow through mud or over rocks.

There are dirt roads, country roads that aren't well maintained, gravel roads. Big open fields right off of any of the above surfaces. (It would be fun to hop right into a field @ 50mph without worrying about it!)

If I'm wrong in my thinking that a pre-runner style setup would be good for me, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

I came here for advise, information, inspiration, and camaraderie with fellow Fronty owners! I promise I'm not going to take it wrong if you all say I need to reconsider my ideas.

I just really like the look and idea of the pre-runner style trucks.

I'd like to see more pictures of the Truck of the Year! Perhaps that's more of what I'm looking to do?
#63 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Shift_lurker

reviving this old thread, what did you end up building? I have a 03 2wd v6 xe Crewcab manual and I'm looking to do exactly what you posted.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > 1st Gen Hangout

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.