Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Thank You

792 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BigDad 
#1 ·
I don't know who it was, or what thread I read it in, but I owe them a big thanks! In the thread, he talked about even though his 1st gen had close to 200,000 on it, there was a recall on parts of the steering column, that was covered. Mine was rusted so bad that I didn't know even if I could fix it myself. After reading that he got his fixed at no charge, I called my dealer (the first time he's heard from me since the warranty ran out) he said he would have to order the parts, and could I bring it in next Tuesday, if I get it their by 9AM it'll be done that day.

#2 ·
Thought I'd give an update. Took the truck in for the steering column, got a call about another recall from the dealer, about the fuel sending unit. When they were trying to fix that, they ran into trouble with rusted screws. Got another call, saying that they had to replace the gas tank, fuel pump, sending unit, and all rubber hose connections. All covered under the recall. Except that I have to be without my truck for a week, it has been a win.

#4 ·
At least they were proactiv and checked the other issues to fix the for you!

Besides, they're getting paid by Nissan so you should also ask regional for a loaner vehicle since it's a safety issue with the gas tank replacement!

#3 ·
:awesome:

#5 ·
The fuel sender was never a safety issue. I'm getting a new tank, because of the connection issues. A service loaner on a 15 year old truck, LOL!

#7 ·
Yeah, that would have been me and you're welcome! I had the fuel sending unit in mine replaced, as well, when I had the steering column recall, even though the sending unit in it was an aftermarket barely a year old that the previous owner had installed. I found out about my open recalls by visiting this site:

https://www.nissanusa.com/recalls-vin/?next=site_search.best_match.link#/Home

#8 ·
Well thanks again, just got my truck back today, shiny new steering column, brand new gas tank, to go with the sending unit. Very pleased. Don't know if I ever will put a body lift on, but everything I've read, that shaft is the hardest part of the lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.