Requesting tips on cleaning undercarriage and lubricating chassis. - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Requesting tips on cleaning undercarriage and lubricating chassis.

So I went to change my oil the other day and I realized that I have never given any consideration to the undercarriage or chassis, particularly lubrication. So what is the best way to tack this? I was considering going to one of those self service car washes, putting The Machine up on jack stands and using the high pressure hose to blow out the underside. Do you think this would be an effective method and what areas should I focus on? I read on other sites how some guys use oven cleaner. Is this necessary? I am just looking to increase functionality and longevity of my truck. Lubrication is also important. Some cars have a lube chart but I can't seem to find one for mine showing specific areas( I am not too familiar with the undercarriage). Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There are no zirc spots on our trucks stock... just grease pivot points and you can use a needle to inject grease into cv's and boots...

-Nick-
01 XE King Cab, V6, 4X4, 5 Speed
Rancho 2.5" lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2's, Fog light bypass mod, Intake mod, KS relocation mod, Painted headlights and front bar, Silverstar Ultra bulbs, Bed caps, Vent shades.
North West Frontier http://nwfrontier.com/
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance!

Signature Built By;
http://www.screen-fx.net/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Depending on your model you can also grease the propeller shaft. I have yet to do mine. There is no zerk on it. Just some cover and then inject it with grease.

2003 silver CC LB V6 SE non-s, leather, SPAL e-fan controller, nismo wheels, bed extender, alarm, e-fan, Nismo CAI, sunroof, nerf bars, knock sensor mod, interior courtesy lights, Rockford Fosgate Audio, oem trailer harness, Nismo CAT-Back, *My Best truck mod* children seats in rear.

My Write ups - e-fan, Nismo - CAI,Disable auto AC w/defrost,Engine Timing,How to work your 4x4,Throttle Body

Good Links -
Distributor Bearing Fix, Nissan Frontier Specs All Years,Intake Manifold Removal/ VG33E Top Engine tear down
Factory Service Manuals
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to tsacain
I am not sure about lubing the chassis but a couple times a year I put a garden hose in the frame of my truck while parked on a hill. This gets the dirt and gunk from inside the frame. It is easy rust prevention

Kevin
2002 Silver DR
with a few mods
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NissanTy
i have never greased up anything, my rear leafs are a tad squeaky though. just keep the chassis cleaned, ever since i seen a tad bit of rust on mine i spray my chassis off every 3-4 car washes, takes 5-10 min and prevents your frame looking like a tacomas lol.

2004 XE KC V6 4X4

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > 1st Gen Hangout

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.