Nissan Frontier Forum banner

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  phunkfarm 
#1 ·

Finally got her home. Dealer wanted 13K I got her for 10 and i'm excited!! 2004 year model XE-V6 with 55K miles on her. One owner :):fantastic:

See less See more
#4 ·
Before you do anything put it on the scanner. If the knock sensor code comes up then take it back to the dealer to get fix. You are right at the time that the KS fails. The KS will not turn on the check engine light. Doing it now will save you about 600.00 later on to fix.

Did you get the SE or XE? My guess is that it's an XE due to the 15" rims. However, you got the upgrade of the painted trim fender flares.

Wow, 10K I'm still amazed at what these 1st gens are still selling for.

Other than that you should be good to go. Congrats.

#6 ·
Congrats !!!!!

#9 ·
Congrats on the truck and welcome to CF.

#10 ·
sounds nice. My own 2004 is a King Cab, 2WD, 4-cylinder, manual, SE, 90K (now), and I paid a co-worker who was moving away $7.4K 14 months ago. Yours has a lot more stuff on it, and less miles too.

#12 ·
Thanks Everyone, I'm super excited and could not sleep at all last night till almost 5am because I was day dreaming of mods and such. "Butch" has her little details (as expected for a 9 year old truck) like the tailgate latch is busted and the passenger front door lock feels frozen and wont lock from inside or outside, but she also came with a tubular bed extender so I am ok with that.

As far as the tailgate latch, that's a part less than $30 from RockAuto and the passenger door lock is something I will likely have to take apart the inside door panel to get a better look at, might just need WD-40?

Overall I am amazed that I was able to drive in this diamond in the rough, here in Laredo, domestic pickups are the thing and the bigger-taller trucks are the ones most sought after. I am a short fella at only 5'7" and this truck suits me fine.

I REALLY love the fact that the truck is LEVEL! I never liked the fact that mostly every truck you see on the road looks like it's going down the road on it's rear tippy toes because the front-end is lower by a significant amount.

"Butch" is level all the way around, so BONUS! :)

#13 ·
the passenger door lock is something I will likely have to take apart the inside door panel to get a better look at, might just need WD-40?
QUOTE]

Congrats on the nice truck! before you take it apart and WD'ing it, might try some powdered graphite. I had a stuck lock and used it, and now I use it on all my keyed locks, from vehicles to motorcycles to padlocks.. works like a champ!

#14 ·
Amazing the resell value of gen 1's

I bought my gen 2 Nismo off craigslist with 59k two years ago for $7.9K in California (highest market) at that...Stole it. It was worth almost twice this had my hood been painted (peeling paint).

It's good news for all Frontier owners to know that all models still sell for top dollar.

I look on ebay all the time and see Frontiers are the most heavily bid trucks next to Tacomas hands down.

Congrats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.