Bumper Help? - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Shift_lurker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bumper Help?

Hello, I love my '98 fronty. It's my first vehicle and so consequently I have been rough on the exterior.

The front "lower valence" plastic part of the bumper has met two dear, a guy on a bike (his fault ), and the back of my mom's minivan. It was rubbing horribly when i turned with my puny 235/70/15 tires so i ripped it off. sadly i found that my front end looks pretty retarded with the frame stubs sticking out and radiator showing.

I'm having trouble finding another one at pull yard and am kind of at a loss. I work for minimum wage part time and i'm expecting a decent sized tax retirn this year, so i was thinking of a bull bar might look good without the valence. I'm really ready to pony up for a big ARB or Shrocksworks winch bumper though since I don't do a whole lot of Off Roading yet

any tips thoughts or ideas on the matter?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section this is my first post)

1998 KC 2.4L 4x4
12" Cherry Bomb - K&N Drop-in Filter - Air intake Mod

Uniden Pro 510 XL CB

30x950x15 Wildcountry RVT Radials

Last edited by axeld; 12-12-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeld View Post
Hello, I love my '98 fronty. It's my first vehicle and so consequently I have been rough on the exterior.

The front "lower valence" plastic part of the bumper has met two dear, a mexican on a bike (his fault ), and the back of my mom's minivan. It was rubbing horribly when i turned with my puny 235/70/15 tires so i ripped it off. sadly i found that my front end looks pretty retarded with the frame stubs sticking out and radiator showing.

I'm having trouble finding another one at pull yard and am kind of at a loss. I work for minimum wage part time and i'm expecting a decent sized tax retirn this year, so i was thinking of a bull bar might look good without the valence. I'm really ready to pony up for a big ARB or Shrocksworks winch bumper though since I don't do a whole lot of Off Roading yet

any tips thoughts or ideas on the matter?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section this is my first post)
another option depending on where you are. look for a offroad shop show them pictures of bumpers you like, and alot of the time they can make it for not to bad on the wallet. another company too look at would be calmini. im not a huge fan of them. but i know there rear tube " prerunner" bumper is rock solid and can take some hits. as for there front bumper im am not sure. a new member got it and was unhappy. but i do know that calmini has been helpful to me in the past. another company to look at is 4x4 AC ( automotive customizers) they sell shrockworks bumpers and one other company if i am correct.

Truck: 2002 Aztec RED V6 4X4 XE king cab

Interior: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speakers w/ polk PA330 amp, kicker 6x9 w/ polk PA 330 amp. Husky mats, cobra 29 LX cb radio

Exterior: 2 " BLGYDURATRACS 265/75 R16 on Raceline Raptors wheels, Kobalt tool box, 35% tint
PIAA 510 SMR driving lights DDM tuning HID 55W 6000k , wilson 1000 cb whip

performance: K&N Air & Oil Filter, air intake mod,R1 Concepts slotted rotors,

suspension:1.5" AC shackles on the back and Sway away torsion bars and ultra low profile bump stops on the front, AC idler arm race Bilstein shocks4600's on front , and 5125 on back.Rancho steering stabilizer

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...-redv6-132137/
#3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Shift_lurker

redv6, I've heard too many not so great stories about calmini products and service from my readings on here but i like the look of the Calmini one. so you're saying if i find the right shop they might be able to fab one up for me if i bring them a picture? just clarifying, Thanks for your help!

1998 KC 2.4L 4x4

Uniden Pro 510 XL CB

#4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Shift_Fanatic

I just installed on my daughter's "new" 1998 Pathfinder a new bumper center part and a new lower valence, very reasonable, through Ebay retailers.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Shift_lurker

sweet deal. I'll look into that too. thanks!

1998 KC 2.4L 4x4

Uniden Pro 510 XL CB

#6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Shift_Hardcore

on my 02 the lower bumper plastic part was 300$ when i had a fender bender cuse of the guy slamming on his brakes... i could of had a aftermarket one made for about 200 or less cuse im firends with the biggest offroader group in my local area and they have a sweet shop and metal shop. they were goigng to make the same as the rear calmini bumper for about 75$

Interior: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speakers w/ polk PA330 amp, kicker 6x9 w/ polk PA 330 amp. Husky mats, cobra 29 LX cb radio

Exterior: 2 " BLGYDURATRACS 265/75 R16 on Raceline Raptors wheels, Kobalt tool box, 35% tint

suspension:1.5" AC shackles on the back and Sway away torsion bars and ultra low profile bump stops on the front, AC idler arm race Bilstein shocks4600's on front , and 5125 on back.Rancho steering stabilizer

#7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Shift_lurker

Awesome! Thanks for the help. I think I found a decent fab shop in Salem that can make one for me. Might pick up some sliders too because he has them for less than 200 bucks his company is called revenge fab. Looks like he does a lot of really crazy stuff! Ill post eventually when/if he makes me one!

1998 KC 2.4L 4x4

Uniden Pro 510 XL CB

#8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Shift_Hardcore

right on, ya money is tight for me. i would have the jeep crew fab some sliders rear bumper and front skid up for me right now , but i just dont have money. i mean all im paying for is the steel, i dont have to pay for labor, lol but cost of steel still breaks the bank!

#9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Cyondios
Shrockworks, ARB, Calmini, TJM and TAG(tactical armor group) are about the only options for our trucks. Calmini makes both a prerunner and full bull bar. TAG is going to have the most options for it, and are a great price.

'02 XE-V6 CC- Uniden PC68XL CB Radio with Wilson 5000 whip antenna. Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor 265/75/r15 JVC KW-HDR720
#10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

lets start with a finger wag for the "mexican on a bike" remark... it seams to me that if you hit a couple of dear and the back of your moms soccermobile it could have been youre fault hiting a "man on a bike"...... why you gotta bring race into it??? thts just something we dont do here... so we can have a good time in the forum and not be agravated by such remarks... we all have our views on race, but please keep it to a minimum cus we are here to help each other bucause we are bound by our bad a$$ trucks..... that being said.... i think you should go for a prerruner bumpper from 4x4parts.com or a calmini one.... have a good day...

.....church, football, trucks, guns and beer... good way to spend a sunday.....

2002 Desert Runner
K&N drop in air filter
2 door toolbox
DIY/MODS
shocks and brakepad replacement
crank to electric windows
painting rims, running board and rear bumper
factory foglamp bypass stock switch

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > 1st Gen Hangout

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.