Nissan Frontier Forum banner

ARB air compressor installation location

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  redv6 
#1 ·
Any 1st gen owners on here that have installed an ARB air locker compressor in their engine bay? Just curious as to location since it looks to be a tight fit all the way around.

Thanks.

#2 ·
depending on model. i have the twin full duty, i mounted mine in my tool box, then ran stainless braided lines to under the truck.

if you have the medium of short duty cycle one , you have more then enough room to make it fit on the passenger side firewall , between the PS bracket and the fire wall.

#3 ·
Hit up MetalAlien. His is installed right next to the master cylinder.

#6 ·
Mine is installed where the jack and tools go in a king cab. Away from heat and moisture. It is the small one that is just for the locker only.

#11 ·
What about locating the compressor in the truck bed? Besides risk of damage from stuff rolling around in there, are there any other downsides? It seems like a cleaner, cooler place contributing to compressor longevity...

#12 ·
you don't want it exposed to weather....

i put mine in my tool box and ran stainless line through bulkhead connectors, at the tool box, and the bed of the truck. then ran stainless part of the way so the tire wouldn't sling a rock and hit the plastic lines that are tucked neatly in the fender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.