Springtime Alberta Offroading GTG - Page 6 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#51 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
His name is steadyhigh over on thenewx.org.

Alberta Xterra (& frontier) Enthusiasts http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

2010 pro 4x CC - Titan Swapped w/ SAW, Shrock front w/ XRC-8 comp winch, Calmini rear, Hefty Sliders & Skids, Safari style snorkel, XTP IMS,Alien LED, Bilstein 5125, PRG Shackles and AAL, 255/85/16 KM2's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Shift_Fanatic

ill try to join when i get new tires those rugged fails are really a failure a little snow after 35,000 km is slipping a lot lol

2013 Titan Pro 4X with option package
undercover flex
weathertech
3m film protection
lamin x'ed headlights and fogs
#53 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I haven't gone at all last year. In fact, the truck never left the city. Would a stock height truck make it through the trails? It has 265/70-17's AT's...
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Point0 For This Useful Post:
pmb (04-25-2012)
#54 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Yeah there is a ton of trails to rip around at stock height....mclean opens up may 1st and I plan on checking going to check it out opening weekend if you want to come.

Alberta Xterra (& frontier) Enthusiasts http://www.thenewx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

2010 pro 4x CC - Titan Swapped w/ SAW, Shrock front w/ XRC-8 comp winch, Calmini rear, Hefty Sliders & Skids, Safari style snorkel, XTP IMS,Alien LED, Bilstein 5125, PRG Shackles and AAL, 255/85/16 KM2's.
#55 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I won't be able to make the May 19th as I have to volunteer, but the first May weekend would work. It probably be pretty muddy?
#56 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Shift_Newbie

It'll be muddy but not as bad as previous opening weekends if you've been in the past. I've been on ATV out there for the last few weekends and although there's a fair amount of water on those trails, it's not nearly as much as in years past with the lack of snow melt.

There are roads/trails that a stock height frontier could tackle. The trails that are a little more intense also have less width and you'll be risking scratches. I've heard waiparous is much better in this sense.

I'd also be interested in a run although my stock long trail tires have lost significant traction recently (now at about 15K kms).

2010 Frontier Crew Cab SE V6 Auto 4x4
Nissan OEM Fog Light Kit - Nissan OEM Tonneau cover - Nissan OEM Step Rails - Nissan OEM GPS dock w/Garmin Nuvi 765T - WeatherTech digifit floor liners

2011 Maxima with Premium package
WeatherTech digifit floor liners
#57 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

It would be a good idea to do the rear diff breather mod I just picked up the parts last weekend and it came to under 30 bucks. Im sure kfrizz on the newx (and possibly a few others) will be down for messing around and checking out the conditions. With winches, hilifts, and recovery straps we shouldnt have any issues.

#58 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I got the rear diff breather mod done since it started leaking and dealership covered it.

I will definitely come out. May 5th? Also have a buddy with a Xterra that would too.

I got a ton of boulders in backyard and I was thinking of dumping them in the mountains. You think that would be okay?
#59 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

I don't see any issue with it as long as there not dumped on any of the trails.

#60 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

I'll be heading to the mclean store on sunday for 11 if anyone wants to join.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Meet Announcements / Regional Forums > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.