Future Meet (Spring 2013) - Page 4 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad 13 View Post
Keep up the good work.
Now, if only we could get some interest down here in So Cal.
Nothing but crickets so far...
There are some SoCal guys here that get out, but in terms of organized meets, you may have better luck at thenewx.org.

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Spring may be a little early for Shuteye

If we keep getting snow, we may need to wait till June or so to get up there.

Since this is evolving into a planning thread, I have some suggestions for locations that would be more appropriate for spring.

1. Here are some links to the pictures from my desert trip in late march. There are TONS of options in this area including Death Valley via Mengel Pass.
Red Rocks/Jawbone/Dove Springs
Last Chance Canyon/Ridgecrest area

2. We had a FANTASTIC spring run in Reno too! I know... we were just there but the terrain is so vast...
Reno area trails 3/23 - 3/25

3. We enjoy Hollister Hills as our most frequent meet location but there are other SVRAs that would be fun to check out.
Hungry Valley SVRA
Ocotillo Wells SVRA

Just some idea's.

2010 SE K/C V6 4X4 My Truck Build
Armor: Hefty 5 pc Skid Plate set. Shrockworks Sliders. Blue Torch Fabrication Differential Cover.
Suspension: PRG UCAs with 2.5" Radflos and 650 lb springs. Bilstein 5125s with Deaver AALs.
Wheels and Tires: Stock SE Alloys with Hankook Dynapro ATm LT265/75-16.

*FREE* Hollister Hills Tour Guide

*WARNING* - Clean your Battery Terminals!

Got Questions? Help us Help you
#33 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,008 Posts
I'm definitely game for any Hungry Valley or Ocotillo runs! Ocotillo is one of my stomping grounds and Hungry Valley is pretty close too. Pretty sure I could get some of my local peeps interested in one of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
There are some SoCal guys here that get out, but in terms of organized meets, you may have better luck at thenewx.org.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Haven't had too much luck with Nissan Wheelers yet either.

2014 Pro-4x CC Graphite Blue:
Radflo 2.0s w/650# springs, PRG UCAs, 285/75/16 Toyo MTs, Deaver AALs, 5125s, BDGT, Airaid Quickfit CAI, WRP crank pulley, Magnaflow ss 15580, Shrock front winch bumper, sliders and t-case skid, X2O 8 Comp, Factor 55 Pro Link, BTF diff cover, 20" LED light bar, LED map, lic, cargo and BU light conversion, 7-pin relocation, Cobra LX 29 cb

Coming soon:
DT shorties, new DB kit, custom rear suspension goodies from the old rig and everything else...

Nomad's Next Generation
Nomad's Custom BBQ Build You will be missed RIP
DB Lifts; The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Last edited by Nomad 13; 11-28-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
#34 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBrian View Post
If we keep getting snow, we may need to wait till June or so to get up there.

Since this is evolving into a planning thread, I have some suggestions for locations that would be more appropriate for spring.
Fair enough. I'm just trying to develope some experience and knowledge in the wealth of trails in my "home court" here in the Sierras and hope to share opportunities with anyone interested, since this is where I'll be doing the majority of my wheeling in the future. I'm just getting started, and I hope to build a vast library of trail knowledge in my area. There are a couple more places that I'm going to check out before winter hits really hard, and then I plan to get right back at it come spring.

2012 Pro-4x CC
Mods: Bilstein 5100/OME coils, Shackles/Bilstein 5125, Hefty Sliders, BFG 255/85r16 KM2's, Tinted windows, LEDs (interior, cargo, backup), Amsoil Ea filter
Pipe Dream: Custom bumpers, Calmini/Titan swap with full length coilovers, Alcan rear springs
The Following User Says Thank You to 05Fronty4x For This Useful Post:
Sixspeed-SV (11-28-2012)
#35 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 3,730 Times in 2,127 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad 13 View Post
Keep up the good work.
Now, if only we could get some interest down here in So Cal.
Nothing but crickets so far...
I planned a SoCal meet last year, and I'd like to do one annually. It was ridiculously fun: PICS Big Bear 8/18 & 8/19/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBrian View Post

2. We had a FANTASTIC spring run in Reno too! I know... we were just there but the terrain is so vast...
Reno area trails 3/23 - 3/25
I'm holding out for a meet in the Bass Lake area. That's 6 hours for me, which is as far as I'm willing to go without taking time off of work (if I'm working). I'd like to check out a couple of the places that you listed someday, but that probably can't happen for me this spring.

I would like to plan a Reno meet this winter. I just don't want to plan anything too far in advance because of snow. But if my weekend is free, then Reno is always an option to anyone who feels like making the drive.

Report a bad/flaming/illegal post by clicking on

Suspension Lift Info 05+

2009 SE King Cab 4x4 6 speed
The Following User Says Thank You to JeniorNV For This Useful Post:
Sixspeed-SV (01-01-2013)
#36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Shift_Fanatic
Premium Member

I'm down to do something in the grand sierras, lassen, Or Klamath. This will be the first season in 5 years I will be home to wheel the sierras and other northern California favorites. And I plan on doing trips very often. However I don't think I'll be heading too far south this year unless it just looks to good not too.

05 Nismo CC 4X4
Interior:Wet okole seat covers, Panasonic deck and speakers, husky liners,CB,10" low pro sub.
Performance: Airflow snorkel, Red top optima, straight pipe, New Radiator, Green stuff brakes all the way around.
Everything else:Titan swapped with PRG Uppers,2.5 RF, PRG Extended half shafts,4 linked rear suspension, Tubed and bobbed bed,285/70/17 BFG All terrains, Herculined quarter panels and grill, Tinted windows,PR Tiregate, Shrock sliders,UWS Toolbox, 2" BL, 12000k Hid Halos,Defender RR, 4 Hellas. RLTW
#37 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniorNV View Post
I planned a SoCal meet last year, and I'd like to do one annually. It was ridiculously fun: PICS Big Bear 8/18 & 8/19/12
Yeah, Big Bear is 1.5 hours from my house. That's my kind of trip : )
Was only 8.5 hours to get to Tahoe with my 2 year old and a puppy along with my wife and I. That's a butt cramper Though Totally worth it!

I'll get out to Ocotillo later this winter after my work schedule chills out in the end of Feb and I'll get some pix of that up for you guys who've never been down here.
And Glamis is the ultimate sand box! For those that have never been it's pretty hard to imagine a 100 sq mi of nothing but 200' sand dunes. Better than Disneyland!

2014 Pro-4x CC Graphite Blue:
Radflo 2.0s w/650# springs, PRG UCAs, 285/75/16 Toyo MTs, Deaver AALs, 5125s, BDGT, Airaid Quickfit CAI, WRP crank pulley, Magnaflow ss 15580, Shrock front winch bumper, sliders and t-case skid, X2O 8 Comp, Factor 55 Pro Link, BTF diff cover, 20" LED light bar, LED map, lic, cargo and BU light conversion, 7-pin relocation, Cobra LX 29 cb

Coming soon:
DT shorties, new DB kit, custom rear suspension goodies from the old rig and everything else...

Nomad's Next Generation
Nomad's Custom BBQ Build You will be missed RIP
DB Lifts; The Good The Bad and The Ugly
#38 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Garage
The sierras are looking really good to explore. I can travel due east on hwy 12 from Vallejo and be in the foothills pretty quick. I do like to burn a day off for a good trip - three day weekends are good, especially taking a Monday off....
#39 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixspeed-SV View Post
The sierras are looking really good to explore. I can travel due east on hwy 12 from Vallejo and be in the foothills pretty quick. I do like to burn a day off for a good trip - three day weekends are good, especially taking a Monday off....
I have a lot of researching to do on that area (Sierras between hwy50 and 108 ). I'm sure there are tons of cool trails over there.

2012 Pro-4x CC
The Following User Says Thank You to 05Fronty4x For This Useful Post:
Sixspeed-SV (11-29-2012)
#40 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Shift_Hardcore

Trail Info

Devin, here are some trails in that area. I know the Carson Pass area pretty well and camp at Blue Lakes every couple years. Next year I'm planning a trip there in late June early July, depending on the snow pack.

California Trails
californiajeeper.com

Here is some info on the Blue Lakes/Hope Valley area
Blue Lakes, Including Twin and Meadow Lakes : Sierra Outdoor Recreation

2010 SE K/C V6 4X4 My Truck Build
Armor: Hefty 5 pc Skid Plate set. Shrockworks Sliders. Blue Torch Fabrication Differential Cover.
Suspension: PRG UCAs with 2.5" Radflos and 650 lb springs. Bilstein 5125s with Deaver AALs.
Wheels and Tires: Stock SE Alloys with Hankook Dynapro ATm LT265/75-16.

*FREE* Hollister Hills Tour Guide

*WARNING* - Clean your Battery Terminals!

Got Questions? Help us Help you

Last edited by BCBrian; 11-29-2012 at 10:46 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCBrian For This Useful Post:
05Fronty4x (11-29-2012), Sixspeed-SV (11-29-2012)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Meet Announcements / Regional Forums > West > Nor Cal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.