Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Bald Mountain 8/8 and 8/9

16K views 110 replies 18 participants last post by  chito frontier 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys...planning on running the Bald Mountain trail on Saturday, August 8. This is a beautiful trail in the high Sierras east of Fresno, near Shaver Lake. There are three routes to the lookout tower at the top, and we'll be doing this as a loop. 4WD is mandatory. A slightly built up truck (small lift, good tires, factory skids) is suggested. There are optional lines that are more challenging than the main trail, so more built trucks will have fun too.

I'm also going to lead a trail on Sunday, August 9; I'm just not sure what yet.

I'm planning on staying at the Dinkey Creek Campground. If you are even just *considering* coming and require a campground with an actual toilet, you are going to want to book your site NOW. There are only two campgrounds in the area and they book up super fast, and you can always cancel your reservation later if you decide not to go. There is also plenty of dispersed camping in the area, which obviously wouldn't require a reservation...you just wouldn't be staying with the group. And there are reasonably priced hotels in the city of Clovis, which is about an hour away, and unreasonably priced hotels much closer to Shaver Lake. (EDIT: Looks like the "unreasonably priced" options are booked up.)

Please post up if you want to come or if you have any questions.

Attending:
1. JeniorNV
2. BCBrian
3. crewmaxxis
4. jbumx2
5. TruckIt
6. Rob
7. Sixspeed-SV
8. Kia dude

See less See more
#76 ·
Jealous of the awesome wheeling spots you have out west. Florida sucks.

#80 ·
Very nice Sue and Joe!! Joe you got a bunch of video's of me.... thanks!!

What a great trip, we really need to make a plan for another w/e soon!!

#81 ·
Little update.
New bushings are on the way from Alcan.
Call in to Greg to ask some questions about his shackles as I want stock height for right now.
Have all part numbers for bolts, shackles and bushings if need to go stock as I do not want to lift the back another inch as the Alcan's were built with the 3 inches that I want to stay at with the R180 up front. I like the idea of the adjustable shackles for when or if the springs settle, but do not want that inc right now.
As for the shop, the guy was falling over himself trying to find out what I needed to make it right. He was very apologetic and agreed with me as to how it happened, but said it should not have happened and he was going to talk to the installer as soon as he got off the phone with me. Since I want specific replacement parts he said i could order them and he would make it up when I have a total, so I feel this is good customer service for now. Will do a final update once I am finished having it all done.

#90 ·
My pictures

Here are thumbnails of my pic's because my photobucket is full.

Attachments

#91 ·
More pic's

Jen on the tough ledge

Attachments

#92 ·
More pic's

TruckIt on the ledge and others

Attachments

#93 ·
More pic's

Crewmaxxis with JR's brother Luis at the crack

Attachments

#94 ·
More pic's

More shot's from day 1

Attachments

#95 ·
More pic's

Day 2 South Loop with Jen making it look easy (as usual).

Attachments

#96 ·
More pic's

Day 2 cont.

Attachments

#97 ·
More pic's

Day 2 cont. again

Attachments

#98 ·
The last of my pic's

Day 2. End of my shot's.

This was an excellent trip and I hope we can do it again next year!

Attachments

#104 ·
Thanks again Jen!

I really appreciate the series taken at the crack. That was a very interesting obstacle, especially with my minimal lift....

#105 ·
I really appreciate the series taken at the crack. That was a very interesting obstacle, especially with my minimal lift....

Like most obstacles, pics don't really do that justice.

Do you remember me saying something along the lines of...if I bypass that and you complete it, I will probably regret skipping it?

Yeah...so can we go back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.