LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wolf Caves LLC, Off-road Park in Mason, Texas

I just wanted to post up some pictures of Wolf Caves, LLC off-road park for anyone in Texas that is interested in checking it out.

It is located in Mason, Texas. The park is on a giant granite formation that literally pops up out of nowhere. I was super surprised, its like a mini Moab. It is located about 30 min from another off-road park called K2 which is on the same formation of rock. You can hit both parks in one weekend if you really wanted but there is so much to do at Wolf Caves I don't think you would have the time. I am actually thinking of doing a 3 parks in 6 days run, just want to make it more of an event.

Ok, more about the park. The family that owns the land is super nice and very helpful. Seem like great people. They will even guide you around the park for free if you call ahead. I don't have one bad word to say about my experiance there this weekend, when it comes to the owners or the park itself. The land has been in there family for something like seven generations, and gets the name wolf caves because surprisingly there used to be wolves that lived on the land, and they denned in the granite caves on the property.

The cost is very reasonable 55 for camping and wheeling all weekend from friday at 9am till sunday at 4pm in primitive sites. If you get there after 4pm on friday its only 40 for camping and wheeling till sunday at 4pm in the primitive sites. If you want electricity its 25 extra. They will say if you call that they close at 8:30pm, but if you call ahead they will wait on you or you can show up late, and camp then pay in the morning.They do not close the main gate to the camp site FYI. They do not have showers or restrooms yet just porta potties which are the cleanest i've ever seen. The park is separate from the camp site and the gate to the park is closed after dark they do not allow night wheeling, but may starting doing special tours soon with undercarriage lights required. They open the gate to go wheeling at sunrise so no time is lost not on the trails. The trails are marked by paint and ribbon. The levels go white it main trail, blue is easy, green is moderate, yellow is difficult, and red is extreme. The map of the property is great and easy to read.

I was able to do 99% of the blue trails and all the main trail, also a few greens by myself, but it would be very beneficial to have people with you to really get into the greens and yellows.

Anyways here are some pictures they are in no real order:

This is giving you an idea of what reds look like,

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WITH HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!

2011 PRO4X :TITAN SWAPPED!!
MY BUILDhttp://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...0/#post1152471

Last edited by sudingusnavy; 11-22-2016 at 09:53 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sudingusnavy For This Useful Post:
BCBrian (11-21-2016), JeniorNV (11-21-2016), Nomad 13 (12-22-2016), Zedbra (11-21-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Rogue Admin
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 4,549 Times in 2,566 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1498 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Oh that is cool - thanks for sharing.
Your welcome, Thanks for checking it out.

I was able to do 99% of the blue trails and all the main trail and a few greens by myself, but it would be very beneficial to have people with you to really get into the greens and yellows.

The Following User Says Thank You to sudingusnavy For This Useful Post:
Zedbra (11-22-2016)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
Just another update. I did most of the green trails this weekend and full armor is required with a lift. Buddy has aluminum skids on his Toyota and they got hammered pretty bad. No breaks just knocked my alignment out, and a lot of rash. Such an awesome park!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to sudingusnavy For This Useful Post:
Zedbra (12-21-2016)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Man, that place looks cool! I may have to make a trip down there. What is the texture of the rocks? Hard to tell but from the pics it looks like they may be slightly porous and lend to great traction. Not like our Tn rocks ha. Since I won't make Moab next year, this may be a decent substitute. Just have to get the time off from work.

Awesome pics too!
sudingusnavy likes this.

I love a scotch old enough to order its own scotch

My Truck

www.wentwindrock.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Hardcore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAre View Post
Man, that place looks cool! I may have to make a trip down there. What is the texture of the rocks? Hard to tell but from the pics it looks like they may be slightly porous and lend to great traction. Not like our Tn rocks ha. Since I won't make Moab next year, this may be a decent substitute. Just have to get the time off from work.

Awesome pics too!

Yeah dude you should I want to put together a meet. Like 3 Texas parks in 6 days. It's all granite so super grippy!

Last edited by sudingusnavy; 12-22-2016 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Meet Announcements / Regional Forums > South-Central

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.