Nissan Frontier Forum banner

GONE Moab 2015?

37K views 322 replies 21 participants last post by  Sixspeed-SV 
#1 ·
Who all is thinking about going ?>:D

#3 ·
Umm... Yes please! Clearing my calendar for it next year ::grin::

#7 · (Edited)
I was going to. Had tix and everything but my damn house sold two weeks earlier and I had to move. I was sooo close!

I might go on my next vacation which won't be until next october.
Hmmm.. Gone is usually in early May so that may be tough. But I'm still game if I have the free time.

#9 ·
Gone Moab is the Nissan week long event. It's like Jeep Jamboree for Nissans. All the fashionable people will be there, it's the "In" place to be in the high profile world of Nissan offroad enthusiasts :thumbsup:

#12 ·
Well that's fortuitous..

#14 ·
Gone Moab is always the week before Memorial day. If you want to know more about it, check out the site goneMOAB

It was a great time, many barbecues, raffles and fun trail runs. You can dry camp for free at area BFE or there are campgrounds, hotels and condos to rent so it can be as cheap or as expensive as you would like it to be. All the trail leaders I had were great, even got to stop one from sliding down the side of a cliff on a new trail for that year. It is definitely worth the drive. You may see more Xterras than Frontiers, but that just means there will be less tickets in the draws for the frontier stuff at the raffle.

#15 · (Edited)
Keep in mind, the runs that are always publicized are 4x mandatory but there are tons of trails out there that are 2x friendly, especially for your locked tank. Slickrock is super grippy but you still need front tires spinning to get over boulders. You're welcome to ride shotgun on any of the higher degree of difficulty runs I'm on if you want. Even if the wife goes she wouldn't be going on those ones with me anyway, she's a wuss and would probably scream the whole time and scare off the local wildlife.

Where do you and Sue stay when you go? I'd love to get a place in that condo complex where all the get togethers are. The wife will NOT be dry camping if she goes haha!

#16 ·
Well if I go the doggies go too. Can't leave them behind they'd never forgive me. There has to be some sissy trails I can watch the fun from. Plus I am dumb enough to try a few of the tougher ones too. There is video of a Crown Vic doing Moab all over youtube.

#17 ·
I figured, they'd have to ride in a doggie carrier. Not even my dog gets free reign in the truck. He sits on the floor on a blanket or on the seat in his carrier.
They have several SUV trail runs that would be easy and you could probably clear Fins n Things pretty easily too. You could actually do most of Hell's Revenge except for the exit and maybe one or two of the steeper climbs.
I've seen those vids of the crown vic, Dad was not happy when/if that thing made it home.

#19 ·
Absolutely!

#20 ·
We did not stay in the complex with the rest of the group. They are big 3 or 4 bedroom units and I expect are pricy. We stayed in a one bedroom condo That was $929.84 from Saturday to Saturday taxes and pet fee included. The had a separate building with 3 brand new washers and dryers you had fee use of, a hot tub and a gas grill. TV in the living room and bed room, full kitchen and window ac in the living room and bedroom that was sufficient to keep the place comfortable. It was right in town down the road from the pizza place they had a free meal at Monday night. I am not great with crowds and am not over into the practical jokes that happen around the main condo complex so this worked great for us. 20 years ago that might have been fun, but I am just too old for that stuff now. Daily meeting places for the trails are all over the place and this put us right in the middle.

Word of warning to those that want to bring their dogs, you can't bring them on any trails that go through national parks as dogs are not allowed when you are with an off roading group. it appears that if you go alone, the dog can go, but in a group they are not allowed. There is supposedly a kennel in town that you can leave them with, but mine gets kennel shock within a few hours so she is not getting put into one. Katie, one of the main organizers has used the kennel for her dogs for a few years and she is happy with them. I would just suggest getting info from her and reserving a spot if you plan to make use of the kennel.

#22 ·
Harley went last year and will be there this year. I just know to pick my trails better next year. I had picked 2 that I had to change because they went into the federal parks. Good for Kuma though. He would have had a much tougher time not sliding off the side of the mountain if there had only been one winch along had we not changed to his trail when we realized that we couldn't do the run we had wanted to.

#25 ·
Yeah, there are lots of open areas. Some great stuff out on the plateau where Monitor and Merrimac are. It's a bunch of interconnecting fire roads and some fun small features. Pretty much most of the area north of town and some south of town are more open. There are also a couple of trail runs that are less technical and more open fire road type trails.

I was pretty sure that was your truck.
Pretty obvious who @n0mad13 is ::grin::

#33 ·
Just great, 2wd discrimination. :surprise: Stupid 4x4s thinking they are all so cool. ::laugh::

I will figure it out somehow. Maybe I'll just be there as a clubfrontier cheerleader!

Hey, watch it buddy! :laugh:

I admire you 2WD guys for what you do and attempt, but I think there is probably a reason for the 4x4 only requirement. I require 4WD on all of the trail runs that I plan, even the stock friendly ones. Not because I'm an ******* and don't want you to have fun. Because you do actually need 4WD for the trails.

#35 ·
I may have to take a year off from this we see, a lot depends on how much money it's gonna cost to fix my truck at the moment. If I go I will either camp at canyon lands or rim village condos. And the only trail I've ran that doesn't allow dogs is elephant hill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.