Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Winter Fun Fest 2017 - Jan. 13~15, 2017

5K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  JeniorNV 
#1 · (Edited)
Cal4Wheel puts up this "snowy" event every year, and after having participated last year with a number of CF members, I'm inclined to go again in 2017, this time with 33's and a winch :) A rear locker would've been nice, but I probably won't have that purchased/installed by then.

The cost is $95/adult, all meals included from Friday night dinner till Sunday breakfast. One can camp at the event headquarters (Nevada County Fairgrounds, Grass Valley), or stay at nearby hotels; it's all very convenient.

There are lots of runs on both weekend days to choose from, from easy (SUV) to "extreme". Many family-friendly "historical" runs are also offered throughout the weekend, as well as night-runs, with the first one taking place on Friday after dinner.

Here's the link, with online registration, run descriptions, photos, etc.:

Winter Fun Festival - California Four Wheel Drive Association, Inc.

Last year's participants were JeniorNV, Tokentaco, jbumX2, RikRong, and myself... who's interested for 2017? I'll start keeping a list here:

Pathung 85%
JeniorNV 85%
SixspeedSV "maybe"

See less See more
#3 ·
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss this one. The wife is due at the end of January.?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
The registration form lists 13 trails with varying rig requirements and trail expectations. *some winching may be required* brrrr!

group registration is highly recommended in order to roll together along the same trails.

This looks fun! Maybe we can do it.
When we registered last year, we all called in afterwards and asked to get in Jenn's group. It worked pretty well, except when we hit the trail. They put a Jeep smack in the middle of us, I think because they thought we would have issues. We didn't have issues. Actually, there was no winching in our entire group, I don't think there was any towing either. We were on an intermediate trail, though. After talking to some of the guys that went on the expert trails, some groups had a heck of a time.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Not sure if that was winter fun fest or winter mud fest. Have fun getting all of that out of the under carriage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.