Baja California - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:29 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interesting if you only need liability insurance.
Does not cover commercial vehicles. Not sure about Nevada but her in California,all trucks are considered "commercial".
My Dodge is 13 years old and I still get full coverage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
Interesting if you only need liability insurance.
Does not cover commercial vehicles. Not sure about Nevada but her in California,all trucks are considered "commercial".
My Dodge is 13 years old and I still get full coverage.
That is all I need in Mexico, liability. My insurance here covers comprehensive no matter where I drive my vehicles. California used to issue auto tags for pickups IF it had a camper shell on it and it was NOT being used for business purposes...no more? My vehicles are all licensed in South Dakota, so I don't have any idea on Nevada...Nevada is becoming California as quick as it can, so I wouldn't doubt if pickup trucks are now considered commercial vehicles too.

- Neal

2013 Frontier, CCSB, 4x4, VQ40DE, 6-speed

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealinnevada View Post
I know a few places to go (mostly in Sonora, but a few in Baja). If you take the road down to San Felipe and then Puertecitos you will find a number of safe places along the beach to camp. Then continue down the road to where it turns to dirt and head over to Hiway 1 South to Bahia Asuncion area. Nice folks and plenty of places all the way north to Bahia Tortugas. Plenty of whale watching too! Also a trip over to Mulege is fun (an oasis at the mouth of a river where it runs into the Sea of Cortez).

If you are going down for awhile or planning on returning to Mexico withing the next year, you might want to look at insuring your drivers license rather than buying liability insurance on your vehicle. It is inexpensive and you are covered driving any vehicle you drive while in Mexico.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Are the beach areas you mentioned along the way easily accessible? I'm just curious how to discover these various beaches. Are they right off a road, or will they need to be accessed via a harder to find dirt road?

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 03:54 PM
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottstafford View Post
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Are the beach areas you mentioned along the way easily accessible? I'm just curious how to discover these various beaches. Are they right off a road, or will they need to be accessed via a harder to find dirt road?
Absolutely, they are mostly very easily accessible. Plenty of spots...look for places where other folks are camping to give you peace of mind. You might want to look for a book called Magnificent Peninsula: The Comprehensive Guidebook to Mexico's Baja...has been around for 30-40 years.

- Neal

2013 Frontier, CCSB, 4x4, VQ40DE, 6-speed

Once more I have to ask "What did humans ever do to deserve dogs?"

The Following User Says Thank You to nealinnevada For This Useful Post:
Scottstafford (02-19-2017)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealinnevada View Post
Absolutely, they are mostly very easily accessible. Plenty of spots...look for places where other folks are camping to give you peace of mind. You might want to look for a book called Magnificent Peninsula: The Comprehensive Guidebook to Mexico's Baja...has been around for 30-40 years.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I just didn't want to cruise down a 5 mile long dirt road or some thing just to find a quiet spot. haha

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Meet Announcements / Regional Forums > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.