Nissan Frontier Forum banner

6th Annual Hollister Hills camping trip

10K views 72 replies 12 participants last post by  sudingusnavy 
#1 · (Edited)
The dates for this years trip will be April 29th - May 1st. RAIN WILL CANCEL.

If you are interested, please respond with the dates and percentage of certainty that you will attend.

As per years past, some of us may arrive on the 28th to secure the compound in Sycamore camp. This CG has FREE hot showers and plenty of room for our group. Follow the access rd uphill from the entrance to the Upper Ranch and you will find the CG.

All rigs and abilities are encouraged to join us! HH has trails and obstacle courses that are fun for rigs from stock to heavily modified. The majority of trails are rated blue or moderate.

Attendees:
1. BCBrian 4/28? - 5/1 100%
2. JeniorNV 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
3. Kia dude 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
4. Excellent 4/29 - 5/1 maybe
5. pointmann1029 4/30 100%
6. crewmaxxis 4/30 - 5/1 100%
7. R00 4/28 - 5/1 100%
8. Sixspeed-SV 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
9. Mfed dates? Maybe?
10. jbumx2 4/30 100%

See less See more
#43 ·
I'm officially in super dooper Hollister excitement mode - now counting days, almost counting hours! :D

I'll be leaving town mid day Friday. Depending on traffic, I expect to be at Sycamore Camp around 6ish, maybe a little later.

If any of you early arrivers is able to text me the gate code in case I get there later than expected, that would be lovely.

Forecast for this weekend looks gorgeous. :thumbsup:

#44 ·
I will let the friday night arrivals know what the gate combo is on friday.

Weather is looking good but it may be a little chilly at night. A good campfire will solve that.

#46 ·
A jacket is a good idea as it may be below 50' at night.

Unfortunately, Wolfman is not going to be able to join us as he is recovering from Lasik eye surgery.

#48 ·
Good News!

I just received a PM confirming jbumx2 is going to join us on sat!

#50 ·
We prefer to get on the trail as early as possible. Having said that, it depends on how everyone is feeling after the previous nights festivities... If you could try to be there by 9, it would be appreciated. The line to pay the entrance fee's can be pretty long on sat morning, so please keep that in mind.

We will be monitoring CH 22 and once we leave the CG, cell service is available in a few area's.

#57 ·
Well.... it's kinda hard to count hours when we are all getting there at different times!

About 73 hours till you arrive!!! :wav:

#59 ·
I like your attitude my friend! I'm not so sure I even want to try it again after hearing that noise from your truck!! I was actually thinking that we would skip that trail this w/e.....

#63 ·
I just checked the HH Gran Prix track weather station and no rain fell there.

Temps are pretty low so bring extra firewood.

#67 ·
Sorry guys won't make it today. Was on my way there when I noticed my oil pressure was really high (needle was at the very top). Decided to turn around and head home.

Brian,

I sent you a message earlier and also left you a voicemail. How late do you guys plan to stay tomorrow? Maybe I'll try to meet up if tomorrow if I can figure out what's going on with my truck.

#71 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.