Nissan Frontier Forum banner

6th Annual Hollister Hills camping trip

10K views 72 replies 12 participants last post by  sudingusnavy 
#1 · (Edited)
The dates for this years trip will be April 29th - May 1st. RAIN WILL CANCEL.

If you are interested, please respond with the dates and percentage of certainty that you will attend.

As per years past, some of us may arrive on the 28th to secure the compound in Sycamore camp. This CG has FREE hot showers and plenty of room for our group. Follow the access rd uphill from the entrance to the Upper Ranch and you will find the CG.

All rigs and abilities are encouraged to join us! HH has trails and obstacle courses that are fun for rigs from stock to heavily modified. The majority of trails are rated blue or moderate.

Attendees:
1. BCBrian 4/28? - 5/1 100%
2. JeniorNV 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
3. Kia dude 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
4. Excellent 4/29 - 5/1 maybe
5. pointmann1029 4/30 100%
6. crewmaxxis 4/30 - 5/1 100%
7. R00 4/28 - 5/1 100%
8. Sixspeed-SV 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
9. Mfed dates? Maybe?
10. jbumx2 4/30 100%

See less See more
#5 ·
I might even drag the popup to Sycamore Thurs. nite if I can wrangle a couple kids to handle my pools on Friday. Otherwise, yes, Fri-Sun

#9 ·
Less than a month to go for this trip.

How about those of you that are on the fence? Plenty of time to plan and request a day off if needed!

Any updates on those listed as maybe??

#13 ·
Thanks for the update pointmann. There is plenty of time left before this meet for the repairs to be completed, so I am hoping you can make it.

Keep us posted with the prognosis.

#14 ·
Roster

Is there room at camp for another rig?

The dates for this years trip will be April 29th - May 1st. RAIN WILL CANCEL.

If you are interested, please respond with the dates and percentage of certainty that you will attend.

As per years past, some of us may arrive on the 28th to secure the compound in Sycamore camp. This CG has FREE hot showers and plenty of room for our group. Follow the access rd uphill from the entrance to the Upper Ranch and you will find the CG.

All rigs and abilities are encouraged to join us! HH has trails and obstacle courses that are fun for rigs from stock to heavily modified. The majority of trails are rated blue or moderate.

Attendees:
1. BCBrian 4/28? - 5/1 100%
2. JeniorNV 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
3. Wolfman437 and family 4/29 - 5/1 100%
4. Kia dude 4/29 (late) - 5/1 100%
5. Excellent 4/29 - 5/1 strong maybe
6. TokenTaco 4/30 or 5/1 weak maybe
7. pointmann1029 4/30 or 5/1 (pending repair)
8. crewmaxxis 4/30 - 5/1 maybe (pending SAS and rebuild) or....
9. R00 4/28? - 5/1 100%

#16 ·
worst people will have to do is set up on the other side of the toilet or across the road unless the spots are already full. Then there is the creek bed behind the site.... :D

#21 ·
That's not a hard choice!! I put you on the list. Hope you make it....

#24 ·
We are looking at a late friday night arrival. New ideas for using the dutch oven as an oven. Some field testing and data collection after trail runs are needed. The dutch is a bit small- 1 qt unit. Ahh, field testing and shake down runs.
Poison oak is sprouting so, be cautious.
::smile::

#25 ·
Poison oak is sprouting so, be cautious.
::smile::
Glad to hear you folks are coming friday. This is a good time to remind everyone to bring some alcohol wipes, available at Safeway. The PO is in FULL BLOOM and the oil will stick to your rig and anything else it touches.

16 days to go!

#26 ·
It sounds as though the BEAST will be joining us for a shakedown run! I cannot wait to see it in person.

#27 · (Edited)
R00/Maktruk 110% confirmed for Thursday AM. I'll try to snag as much space at Sycamore as I can, I'm bringing the popup so I can snag a lot lol

That being said, is there a particular spot in Sycamore you guys prefer? I'll try to setup near it. As I recall there's a couple pullthru type spots as you roll in...?

#28 ·
Grab the spot right in front of the bathrooms on the right after you enter Sycamore Camp. We have been taking that entire area that has 2 fire rings and 2 tables each year. There are additional sites across the road as well.

Any updates on the maybe's? Please bring firewood if you have access to some.

Anyone else interested in joining us??

#35 ·

Okay, so maybe not *totally* covered. That's about 1/3 truck bed. If everyone brings a typical "bundle" to augment my pile we should be good for days!

#61 ·
Rained a bit today, mostly sporadic. Tamps down the dust! Radar looks like it's clearing out eastward and the forecast is a warming trend so conditions should be perfect!

#33 ·
Sorry to hear that your folks can't make it.

There is a slight chance of rain on wed and thu.... all that will do is knock down the dust.

1 week to go!!

#34 ·
From the Hollister Hills website: HUDNER RANCH CLOSURE - Due to extensive off-trail driving, Hudner Ranch will be CLOSED until further notice! [Posted 4/6/16]

Too bad this did not happen about a year ago.....

While it is raining here in the Santa Cruz mountains, none of this precipitation is making it to HH. To check current conditions click on this link: Gran Prix track weather station

The Gran Prix track is located right next to the Upper Ranch. This station records real time rain fall amounts each hour and shows the statistics for the previous week.

#37 ·
If you follow HH on Facebook you can see the damage that was done by some fools driving off trail. It's really a shame, Hudner has some really cool spots. That being said, even Jesse (Off-Road Recovery) won't go into Hudner Ranch anymore. It's got a lot of really sticky spots.

#39 ·
Here are a couple pictures to clarify but yes.... put your trailer in front of the bathrooms, about where the wheelchair symbol is on the map.

Attachments

#41 ·
frankencooler

so -
Barbara has been plotting and scheming about our 35L Canyon Cooler and the dry ice option. she even drew a schematic of the cooler to plan protein packs(chicken, turkey, fish, cow, spam) portions to fit and a wet ice compartment with upper tray for assorted chuck box necessities. wow!- this is shaping up to be the shake down prep trip for the great MOAB2016 adventure.

the Crewmaxxis rig will also be on shakedown operation! The photos of the surgery are amazing! ::smile:::fantastic:

I suspect it will have qualified to become a "Trailer Queen" but, I would hope it will be able to traverse the highways and byways legally in style and pride!:urock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.