Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Citrus trail run July 23 - Florida Frontiers

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Grommit 
#1 · (Edited)
There will be a time of fun for all with a trail run at the citrus wildlife management area which is in the Inverness area of Florida, it will be held on saturday July 23

The fb FFC is putting this all together and everyone is invited, no matter if your frontier is 2wd or 4wd

We will spend about 6 hours give or take an hour going through the trails (getting stuck, breakdowns, etc, can slow things to a halt, just keep that in mind) so bring plenty of drinking water or beverages of your choice, also plan on bringing something for lunch

Where: Withlacoochee Wildlife Management Area (AKA Citrus)

Meetup Location:
(Trail 13 and Stagecoach Rd.) We will meet between 9-9:30am, and start trailing shortly there after.

Map for meeting location and directions on how to get there
Open link in tab or new window to view
http://www.google.com/maps/place/28...!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d28.7024722!4d-82.4183056

PDF map of park trails:
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/con...9/withlacoochee_Citrus_hq_tracts_20141209.pdf

Trail Information:
The trails in Citrus park are public dirt/clay forest roads and can be run with either 2wd or 4wd. Certain areas of each trail offer a variety of obstacles from novice to advanced including, muddy trails, hard clay and soft dirt climbs, and areas for articulation flexing. There are bypasses in the trail system if you would not like to attempt an obstacle or if your frontier is 2wd

Please be sure that your frontier has recovery points, front and rear (Vehicles should have at least a front recovery point and for the rear no hitch balls, OEM bumpers, or axles will used as a recovery point as they are not safe)
a CB Radio is optional

Cautions for drivers:
If you attempt certain obstacles, please keep in mind that having certain items on your frontier can result in damage to them and/or your vehicles
- Nerf Bars, Side Steps (These can break mounting tabs, bend, and crease the side of your truck)
- Bull Bars, Brush Guards (These can bend, in most cases upwards, causing damage to your front end)

Camping Information:
If anyone wishes to camp at the park there are 3 campgrounds in the 50,000 acre tract. Tillis Hill, Holder Mine, and Mutual Mine camp grounds

We all love to have a good time, but we also like to keep it family friendly as well. If you plan on drinking alcohol or any other vices, just mind your neighbors. If you’re caught, we’ll all deny any knowledge of it lol

If your interested in going post here, let us know you'll go and if your 2wd or 4wd

See less See more
Reactions: Paulny61
#2 ·
I could possibly be interested, though my truck is back to stock for now, so nothing crazy for me too much. More interested in meeting some folks and seeing what others have done to their trucks. ideas and whatnot.

#4 ·
you're more then welcome to come join us for a meet and greet ::smile::

#3 ·
Sorry, haven't posted in a while, but I'm in a '16 Pro-4x manual.

#5 ·
Just wanted to give an update,

some of us will be camping in the park so, a night time run has been added plus a gathering for food and a time to chat

July 23rd trail run Itinerary:

Meet up time and location:
Trail 13 and stagecouch rd. between 9-9:30am

Trail run:
Drive trough trails starts after meet up roughly 9:30am and will run until roughly 5pm

Eat for free lol:
After 5pm come eat some food and drinks between 5pm-8pm (food will be provided for) but if you can bring a side dish that would be great! some drinks lol will be provided for so you might want to save something to drink or bring extra drinks, it can also be a time of chatting about anything and everything lol

Night trail run:
After 8pm will be a night time run though some trails

Everyone is welcome to join the free food and night time run even if your not camping

Hope to see ya'll there for some "dirty" fun

#6 ·
How did the event go down? Sorry I couldn't make it out, family issue intervened this weekend.

#7 ·
maybe you can make it to the next run, everything went well it was a good turnout lots of fun

#9 ·
Need more pictures too. Gotta show up all those west coasters who like to brag about their every-weekend runs they get into.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.