Nissan Frontier Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XTP Intake Manifold Spacer Group Buy

33K views 111 replies 37 participants last post by  NCFronty 
#1 · (Edited)
**CLOSED!* GROUP BUY!! XTP Nissan Intake Manifold Spacer (IMS)

Back open for a bit for those who missed it! *Closing Sunday night 3/12/17*

A group buy going on for this viable power mod if anyone is interested. **Need 20+ committed and paid for customers to make this work **
Time is dependent on customers and shop production so it won't be immediate shipping.

XTP (extreme truck performance) Intake manifold spacer (IMS) kit. Includes gasket, longer bolts and washers. The XTP IMS has been CNC machined from 6061 Billet Aluminum and comes in assorted anodized colors, Blue, Black, Billet Silver, Gold, Green and Fast Red.

Peak gains of 8hp @ 5600rpm and torque of 23ft/lbs. @ 4400rpm, with considerable gains between 2000-4800 rpm of 23hp increase & torque 33ft/lbs.!

--Dynos were done by professional mechanic--

*note: an E6-torx socket will be needed for removing the 2 studs. Just an FYI so you don't get it and then have to run out again for the socket.
**note: may take up to 200 miles for ECU to fully adjust to new settings

GB PRICE $190.00 shipped! Saving 75.00 off normal website price! Close to 800+ customers already with 100% Positive Feedback!!

Buy here, be sure to select "Group Buy"--> http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6

Be sure to check out XTP on Face Book! http://www.facebook.com/pages/XTP-eXtreme-Truck-Performance/174590979253110

Thanks guys!

1. Facebook User
2. Facebook User
3. Facebook User
4. Facebook User
5. Facebook User
6. Buyer - forum user
7. Buyer - forum user
8. Unkle Patio - CF
9. ahass687
10. shift_RUSH - CF
11. Hawaiian Xterra - TNX
12. jdunker25 - TNX
13. Forum member
14. Forum member
15. Buyer - forum user
16.Buyer - forum user
17.ZheKing - TNX
18.9balllrook - CF
19.Buyer - forum member
20.Dirty_D21 - CF
21.bhalverson15 - TNX
22. Buyer - forum member
23. Buyer - forum member
24. Buyer - forum user
25. Buyer - forum user
26. Buyer - forum member
27.Buyer - forum member
28.Buyer - forum member
29.Buyer - forum member
30.Buyer - forum user
31.Buyer - forums
32. eroc101 - CF
33. Buyer - forum member
34.Buyer - forum member
35.Buyer - forum member
36.Buyer - forum member
37. Buyer - forum member
38.Buyer - forum member
39.Elloc - CF
40. Buyer - forum user
41. Buyer - forum user
42. Buyer - forum user
43. Buyer - forum user
44. Buyer - forum user

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
****. And here I was getting ready to buy skids instead. But 23ft/lbs is way more tempting. Put me down as tentative yes, depending on how fast this comes together I might be able to scrape up the cash.

EDIT: On further reading, its already open for a GB. So if I order it and the GB doesn't go through what happens? Do they just charge the difference? Or do I still get it at the price? Do they not ship until there's 20+ buyers? I have so many questions

#4 ·
Am very intrigued to say the least...
Any Nissan warranty concerns for those of us w/ newer trucks?
(Yes, am aware of the Magnuson-Moss Act)

#7 ·
No one anywhere that I know of has had any issues with this type mod dating back to 2006. I have had one on my truck since back then.

#5 ·
*note: an E6-torx socket will be needed for removing the 2 studs. Just an FYI so you don't get it and then have to run out again for the socket.
Just so you all know this E6-torx isn't required. You can take the nut from one of the 2 studs put it on one of the studs a 1/4" or so then tighten the other nut against that nut. Then you take a wrench on the lower nut and in the loosening direction the stud will start coming out. take the two nuts off and repeat on the other stud.

#6 ·
Good luck on the group buy. I got this IMS from XTP also and feel like it's a good performance purchase, especially if you tow.

#8 ·
No problems with it here. I do recommend swinging by your local NAPA and getting longer bolts, however (& use anti-seize). I believe I used 55mm long (have to check that home tonight) Grade 8. The threaded holes are thru-design and the aluminum of the lower intake manifold is not as strong as say the heads or block. Torque spec is 5-6 FT-LBS. If you have a screwdriver-handle socket driver then you should be ok not over-tightening them. If you use a regular ratchet handle go to snug (finger tight) then another 1/8 - 1/4 turn.

I'm very happy with it. unplugged the battery while I installed it, 5 drive-cycles later it was GtG. I was still on stock tires at the time, before install I had to downshift the AT in local traffic (if I waited for the trans to shift, I was pretty far into the pedal and then it would race into 3rd) after it would keep up fine in traffic.

The debates between phenolic & billet AL is a non-issue here as the upper manifold is plastic. An additional inch of AL isn't going to heat the incoming air charge.

#9 ·
Count me in!

#10 ·
#16 ·
****. And here I was getting ready to buy skids instead. But 23ft/lbs is way more tempting. Put me down as tentative yes, depending on how fast this comes together I might be able to scrape up the cash.

EDIT: On further reading, its already open for a GB. So if I order it and the GB doesn't go through what happens? Do they just charge the difference? Or do I still get it at the price? Do they not ship until there's 20+ buyers? I have so many questions

The dynos are correct for that vehicle, that dyno, and that day they were run. They may not represent everyone's results, but they do show for sure the spacer makes power. Everyone who runs one of these type spacers knows this. :) Hopefully you will too! Dynos can vary per the brand of dyno, the conditions of the day they are run, humidity, the vehicle, etc.. The Spacer makes its best power in the lower to middle range. 20-45mph and up. It is quite noticeable for sure. It pulls excellent from 2200rpm or so all the way into the 4800+rpm.

I am waiting on buyers as well as the shop. The shop has other large orders of things before they get to me, in the meantime we are gathering our Group Buy. As soon as we hit 20 I will start shipping the first ones. I do have some to supplement this. The deal is for the Group Buyers. If for some reason things don't work out, I will still honor the guys/gals that step up to do the participate in the Group Buy with the same price as they fulfilled their end of things. I feel we shouldn't have an issue hitting 20 though, as this is one of the best mods out there for our 4.0 engines! Try one, you'll know why.

Reactions: Blue Devil
#17 ·
Awesome. Appreciate the clarification. Canadian peso be damned, I can't say no to bolt on powah. Good thing work owes me stat pay. I'll be ordering one on at the end of the month.

One last question, would the shop have any issues shipping to a UPS depot? I'm not letting UPS bring this across the border for me.

#18 ·
Damn. This GB would have been awesome about a month ago when I did my spark plugs haha.

#19 ·
This might seem like a silly question, but is there a how-to for this? For me, being older... money isn't an issue but the time and complexity of the installation is the main deciding factor. Are there any difficult steps like having to temporarily disconnect a fluid reservoir or anything? Plug wires and that have to come off?

#20 ·
Yes I have install instructions with a write up and some pics I email you to after purchase to the address in PayPal. I can send them to you now if you want to PM me your email address.

#21 ·
Beside the change in hp and torque - IF anyone has one, what has it done for your MPG??

#23 ·
Have done some poking around via Google...and found some claims of increased MPGs IFF one keeps their foot out of it. The rationale was that with the slightly increased available lower/mid range torque - that less throttle is needed to maintain speed. IIRC, it was an Xterra owner that claimed +1 mpg. YMMV -heh-

More often than not: HP is overrated...and torque is underrated. Torque is what gets/pulls/propels us around town...and any enhancement there seems worthy in my book. Maybe not ~$200 worthy, but I'll be ordering mine Sunday night or Monday!

#28 ·
Not sure what you are referring to? If you mean link on the website for purchasing it is the only one that says Group Buy. The others say something different.

#29 ·
Not yet. I updated the OP. Just sort of started. We are at 7 so far.

#27 ·
Ready to order! What's the ETA?

#30 · (Edited)
It's dependent on buyers as well as the shop. I am the little guy and they have other big jobs, so it's going to be a bit until I get my order. But since we are only part way there it should all come together around the same time. Of course I will ship in the order I receive payment.

BTW there's a note area in the checkout process. If you put your forum name etc I can add to the buying list. Otherwise it just gets added as forum user, or Facebook user. See OP.

#33 ·
Half way there!

#35 ·
This is for the Generation 2 Nissan Frontier, right? We Gen 1 owners gain nothing with throttle body spacers so far. :/

#38 · (Edited)
All paid! Now the wait...

I was number 18, only need 2 more!

Reactions: Blue Devil
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.