Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanGaugeII Group Buy

37K views 211 replies 51 participants last post by  PHIL11 
#1 · (Edited)
Group Buy is OVER

#31 ·
Ghostcustoms said:
Lets see a price, this or a trailer hitch!
I'm just as eager as you guys..The vendor doing this for us has to call Scangauge tomorrow and try to work something out. I have no idea what the price will be, but I imagine it will be $20 or more off. (hopefully)
I'll post and let you know as soon as I know the price!

#32 ·
Interested Members at Club Frontier
travisl_2727
05_NISMO_4X4 (interface unit only) - not sure if this is released yet
RedAlert
Irongrave
sandiegan05fronty
Bruce MacDonald
Inyourface1650 (maybe)
stevet47
Ghostcustoms (maybe)

+ Alpine_Mike

#33 ·
Alpine_Mike said:
travisl_2727
RedAlert
Irongrave
sandiegan05fronty
Bruce MacDonald
Inyourface1650 (maybe)
stevet47
Ghostcustoms (maybe)

+ Alpine_Mike
thx. got you updated on the original post and listed at club titan

#35 ·
frontexer said:
I have had my scangaugeII almost as long as I've had my 06, and I am glad I invested in it. Hope everyone picks one up!!!
There has been a huge interest in this! In less than 8 hours, I've had over 30 people want in on the group buy. Like I said earlier, I'm hoping to get pricing shortly. Hopefully tomorrow!

#36 ·
Id love to be in it but the shipping would be the killer

#38 ·
I spoke with the guys at Scanguage and they would do shipping included for the $169 .Shipping on something like this would prolly run $20 or $30 US as prices have all gone up

$169 US = $214 Aus

#39 · (Edited)
Aussie Frontier said:
I spoke with the guys at Scanguage and they would do shipping included for the $169 .Shipping on something like this would prolly run $20 or $30 US as prices have all gone up

$169 US = $214 Aus
is that the groupbuy price they gave you?...if so..it wouldn't really make any difference (discount wise) then right? because i'm on the site right now and it already says $169 Shipping Included...am i mistaken?

#40 · (Edited)
Aussie Frontier said:

$169 US = $214 Aus
just clarifying so that anyone reading this post does not think the group buy price is $169. It will be lower than $169. :)

VivaLAakash said:
but it wouldn't really make any difference (discount wise) if it was a group buy then right? because i'm on the site right now and it already says $169 Shipping Included...am i mistaken?
he was not talking to them on behalf of the group buy...He talked to them previously about shipping it to australia only buying one item for himself. I'm assuming he talked to them about shipping before the group buy was even thought about.

Aussie, please clarify your post so people don't get confused! Thx! :)

#41 ·
ooo cool.....wow, under $169 would be a good deal. Seems like an awesome gadget. I've always wanted to know how many mpg i'm getting without manually calculating it. haha

#42 · (Edited)
Aussie Frontier said:

$169 US = $214 Aus
I just talked with John at Socal and he says he will be able to get a good rate to get it shipped to Australia. So, I'll put your name on the list and you can discuss some shipping options with him when this goes through. It'll be less than the prices you quoted for shipping. :)

VivaLAakash said:
ooo cool.....wow, under $169 would be a good deal. Seems like an awesome gadget. I've always wanted to know how many mpg i'm getting without manually calculating it. haha
it also has real-time mpg, so you can adjust your driving habits to get better mpg. :D go spend 10 min or so on the scangauge site, and you'll get real excited about this! There are so many cool things it does! :) do you want added to the list?

#43 ·
In for one. agtitan06 thanks for taking point!

travisl_2727
RedAlert
Irongrave
sandiegan05fronty
Bruce MacDonald
Inyourface1650
stevet47
Ghostcustoms
Alpine_Mike
Aussie Frontier
VivaLAakash (??)
+ maukiman

#45 ·
h2on0 said:
Yes. I was very happy with the shrockworks group buy and the deal on my airaid cai. God I love this forum
thankyou
mick
travisl_2727
RedAlert
Irongrave
sandiegan05fronty
Bruce MacDonald
Inyourface1650
stevet47
Ghostcustoms
Alpine_Mike
Aussie Frontier
VivaLAakash (??)
maukiman
+h2on0

#46 ·
OK, I've got a couple questions about this thing.
1) Do you need a separate probe to get the IAT and Coolant Temp?
2) Is the distance to empty any more accurate then the one already in the dash?
3) How "real time" are things like mpg and rpm, I would think the RPM display would lag
4) What functions will NOT work on our trucks?

#48 ·
travisl_2727
RedAlert
Irongrave
sandiegan05fronty
Bruce MacDonald
Inyourface1650 (maybe)
stevet47 (maybe)
Ghostcustoms (maybe)
+ Alpine_Mike
jstkruzn

I changed myself to a maybe, as that is what I originally said. Whoever added me to the list got a little overzealous.

#49 · (Edited)
stevet47 said:
OK, I've got a couple questions about this thing.
1) Do you need a separate probe to get the IAT and Coolant Temp?
2) Is the distance to empty any more accurate then the one already in the dash?
3) How "real time" are things like mpg and rpm, I would think the RPM display would lag
4) What functions will NOT work on our trucks?

1) No
2) Haven't done much w/ the gas functions.
3) current mpg is instant. you will see it go from 5 to 70 when you get on and off the throttle. (I think Paul (05_Nismo_4X4) had a few vids of the scan gauge on an old post) rpm doesn't lag too much
4)don't think the manifold pressure shows

#50 ·
Argo73 said:
1) No
2) Haven't done much w/ the gas functions.
3) current mpg is instant. you will see it go from 5 to 70 when you get on and off the throttle. (I think Paul (05_Nismo_4X4) had a few vids of the scan gauge on an old post) rpm doesn't lag too much
4)don't think the manifold pressure shows
This is correct! The DTE is as accurate as you calibrate it to be... The manual outlines the calibration procedure, and it takes a couple of tanks of gas to get it set-up. (You can download the manual from the ScanGauge site and see what the procedure entails.) But, after that it does a pretty good job. All the readings it takes are from sensors already feeding information to the ECU, so it's really plug and play. Other than the manifold pressure, I'm pretty sure our trucks display the rest of the available functions. If our trucks came stock with a S/C or Turbo, we'd probably have that function as well, but I don't think manifold pressure is much of a player in engine performance on a normally asperated engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.