u bolt flip kit

20K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  giantsnation 
#1 ·
what do i need or where do i get one?

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Nice,

#6 ·
I wouldn't give rocky road my money if someone had a gun to my head. they have a terrible reputation and even worse products. Read that article, every other sentence has some miss spelling, real professional. You want a person who cant write simple english (or at least use spellcheck...) designing the suspension parts on your truck?

#7 ·
#9 · (Edited)
From the factory, the Frontier has square u-bolts holding the rear axle to the leaf springs. The u-bolt is pointed downward with a plate bolted under the axle to hold the assembly together. The u-bolt flip uses round u-bolts with the threaded end up, with a plate on top of the leaf springs to hold the assembly together. You gain an inch or so of clearance under the axle by using the latter.

#13 ·
I do. I'll try and post them tomorrow.

#14 ·
Here's the best pic I have right now. I took this before I added the extended stainless steel brake lines. Deaver AAL, Ballistic Fab u-bolt flip kit and Bilstein 5100's.

Attachments

#15 ·
I know this is bringing up a very old thead, but as balliistic fab no longer makes this U bolt kit, I wanted to ask the question to see if anyone knows. Cannot get anyone on phone from PRG, but they have a U bolt flip kit for both the Titan and the Xterra, but not the Fronty. Since we share the same rear axle, shouldn't I be able to buy their titan u bolt kit and use it on my fronty just fine for this mod?

Thanks in advance.

#17 ·
You can not use the factory bump stop with this setup. There is another bump stop mounted on the frame rail, rear of the axle that you could change out for larger, or upgrade to a more substantial unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.