Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Spacer lift and cam bolts.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  smokeater30 
#1 ·
So I finally pulled the trigger on a small lift for my truck (RC 2.5" lift level kit). The spacer is actually only 2" the whole rounding up thing is kind of stupid but anyway. I attempted to tackle the job today and much to my frustration and colorful verbiage a few of the LCA bolts are frozen to their collars in the bushings. I have replacement bolts and just ordered new LCA's this evening and plan to cut those suckers out once the new ones get here. My question is would it be unsafe to drive the truck with the spacers in without swapping the bolts right away? I know that it may leave me with a slight positive camber and will have it aligned either way tomorrow since I had the front end apart today. New tires are in the works because my current ones are due for replacement soon and I'm saving up for some Grabbers hopefully, so tire wear isn't much of an issue right now. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Although I prefer a bit of negative camber it should drive alright.
JFYI, the reason the spacer is 2.5" is because of the "motion ratio", the ratio between shock travel and wheel travel.

#3 ·
Ah ok, thanks for the reply and clarification. I'm going to put the spacers in and see what it looks like and go from there. Thankfully I have air tools available so it won't take too long to give it a go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.